Newbie in Toronto looking for some advice and tips!

Options
Hey guys, so I'm just starting on this clean eating a way of living and to be honest I don't know much about it besides what I've been searching online one books and from couple of the community friends that I have that are in the same pat but newbies as me so we can support each other.I've moved to Toronto a couple of years ago and I come from a really small island where I didn't have to worry about these things because I knew what I was eating from the length of the table. Since I've moved to Toronto started noticing a big change on my health but at first I didn't realize that's what I was eating was making sick to be honest I was a little bit ignorant on how different the food is from where I come.so when I started looking for information and some knowledge of what might be happening to me and why my body was changing and why I felt sick and nauseous and blown all the time and diarrhoea has been a constant since I've moved here and it's not funny at all it's like 80% of the time and I've already went to the doctor because of it. With no answers for my troubles so I started looking for other possibilities and that's when I started to realize that may be what I'm eating is what is making me feel the way I do so long story short I'm going to try cleaning the most I can't. I'm doing a Candida test to see my levels and I'm starting on some probiotics taking some good enzymes to see if it helps with it but I know it's just us short time resolution I need to change my eating out of it so that's why I'm here I really need some help.so if you know about any good websites any good information resources from books even from what you have learned and what you've been doing if anyone lives in Toronto downtown and wants to you know me the chat or meet up? I really just whatever help comes it's appreciated really need to change my diet my way of living because like they say you are what you eat and what I'm eating is definitely killing me slowly.

Replies

• marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hey Sofia I am in Stoney Creek an hour away from TO.. Have you tried going vegan..
  • Sofia_Garcia
    Sofia_Garcia Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hey Sofia I am in Stoney Creek an hour away from TO.. Have you tried going vegan..
    Hi Mary, how are you. Nice not to far at all.
    Well I haven't and to be honest is not something I would I love eating and love a nice stake!
    Don't think I could go by being vegan at all it's a matter of personal choice.
    I do not eat to much meat chicken or fish not has much has most people I can say why? Well I try to get that stuff from places I know the animals are well taken care the chickens are free range and I do try to eat just a few times a week I'm not an everyday lunch and dinner meat or fish person. I have the care for being conscious on where I get it from and how much I eat but going zero would not be something I could do! But who knows starting in a clean diet and let's see the future would tell.
    So I suppose your vegan? I know a bit about it but not much I can say!

Thanks for the reply Mary :)

• marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Nope Not Vegan my daughter is though. She just started over the summer after she saw some videos on animal cruelty.. Any hoo if you like to add me I can share some of my exercise tips and recipes with you.. And next time im in the 6 I can look ya up..
  • Sofia_Garcia
    Sofia_Garcia Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Nope Not Vegan my daughter is though. She just started over the summer after she saw some videos on animal cruelty.. Any hoo if you like to add me I can share some of my exercise tips and recipes with you.. And next time im in the 6 I can look ya up..

For sure Mary always nice to make new friends I'll add you!

Yeh I understand that why I try to eat just what I need and get it from places where animals have at least a good life.
    Have a great night
    Xoxoxo