Day three of stage 1- Not sure if I am doing enough

Options
This afternoon will be my third day for Stage 1 so I am doing Schedule A.

I did only do 2 sets of the excercises last Friday. 40lb squats and on the rows. those are the only two excericses that included weights for Schedule A.

THen Monday I did schedule B and I did 50lb deadlifts 2 sets, 45 for the lat pull downs, and then 18lb kettle ball for the step ups, I did only two sets of these with the other excercise that is suggested without weights. I did 3 sets of 20lb dumbell press and then I did 3 sets for biceps with 10lbs(I just felt like I needed to do more) and 2 sets of 20lb for triceps. I am not tender really, a bit on the side of my buns.

I haven't lifted in years, I used to do it but clearly I wasn't eating correctly or I would have seen great results. I am really wanting to feel like I worked out and will see benefits. Oh I also did a 7 minute bike warm up.

I was there for about 30-40 minutes total.

Does this sound right? Will I feel differently ? Also I am doing 15 reps, struggle a bit on the squats on last 5 and since I had surgery that was required to place implants under a layer of chest muscle the plastic surgeon said no chest excercises it will distort the way my implants lay. So I really am worried about the push ups and even the lat pull downs strain that upper area.

Any thoughts would be nice . Thanks

Replies

• siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Yeah, thats right. Its very short the first time round, as you build you weights up and you have to do more warm up sets for the squat and deadlift it will take a bit longer but not much.

Trust the program. It works. :)
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It sounds like maybe you don't have your schedule right. Step Ups belong in workout A, and your workout B should have lunges in it, which are done with dumbbells. Stage 1 is pretty quick though - I usually spent 40 minutes or less in the gym including warm up time. Enjoy the short workouts while you can. They get MUCH longer in Stages 2 & 3.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    don't worry. it will get harder. :)