New here: 18/11/2017

Options
Jadecarpet
Jadecarpet Posts: 25 Member
I'm 46 yrs, 5'2" & started Slimming World weighing in at 13st10.5lbs & wearing a tight size 16. That was 12 weeks ago. Today I am 13st.
I should weigh less but find it very hard to keep my motivation up & excesses at bay.
My two constants are my beautiful little family (hubbs & 3kids) and my adorable dog Max, who has to be walked on a regular basis. And 10 mins does not cut it for him, he's a rottweiler!
Big dog, big walk. That means up to 45/50 mins.
I had hoped to have lost a stone & half by now but I REALLY struggle to stay motivated. I do have depression & that is another battle all on its own. I do my best to stay bright & peppy as possible for my children too. Nobody wants to see their mother looking & acting miserable. So I try to attach this energy to my motivation too.
I do great for a few days or weeks & then I crash. But I don't let myself stay down long.
My biggest issue is night time!!!
I just have this crazy need to stuff my face in the evening. I've tried prepping syn free nibbles along with the Slimming World bars.
Then in walks OH with some snacks of dire syn value & he doesn't offer... I'm like a child, oooh! Can I have some? He reminds me that that is contrary to my diet but I eat anyhow :(
I need tips & if there's someone with any struggles along same lines. Not necessarily with depression but mostly Slimming World related, I'd love to hear their story.

Replies

• Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don’t find the evenings too hard but I do struggle at lunchtimes when I’m on my own at home. With no one to see what I’m scoffing!