Indpired by hospital’s bariatric program coordinator

Options
I had VSG on Friday, 11/17/2017. I was truly inspired by the program coordinator. She is 12 years Post-Op Gastric Bypass and looks amazing. She met me the morning of surgery and was with my husband and I through most of the process. She was so supportive and even came back to visit me on Saturday for discharge. She also runs the support group. I am looking forward to checking those out.

Replies

• thechadtx
    thechadtx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a successful operation. Your "program coordinator" sounds a lot like the person who helps my surgeon's patients. She is a longtime post-GB patient of his who also runs the support group meetings. And she visits every single patient in the hospital, before and after, just like she did with me. It was great to have someone there who was a seasoned veteran.

I hope you're feeling ok so far. And definitely go to those meetings. :)
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It's great that you have a program coordinator who has personal experience as a patient. Your support meetings are important. I still attend my meetings at almost 3 years post-op from surgery. The meetings help you stay on track and will help you in maintaining your weight loss. Keep us updated on your progress.
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I plan to attend the next meeting. I will definitely keep you updated.