Back after a long denial stage.

Options
skdk833
skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
Hi, my name is Diane and I am menopausal as of May 2016. I struggled the most with my weight and when all was said and done, I gained 60 pounds. That and mood swings and just "being" warm/hot all the time are my worst symptoms.

My daughter became engaged in September. As of last week my husband and I have joined a gym. We chose LA Fitness as I have fibro, neck injuries, back injuries, etc. No longer letting them be an excuse. My doctor and I spoke and I will be swimming and walking for 3 months and we will re-evaluate after that.

My goal is 50 pounds before her wedding at the end of October next year. I am starting at 213 pounds. I am lucky to have my husband along for the adventure, but will need the friends here to stay sane. He doesn't understand what we go through and he can drop his weight like its jello sliding off.

I hope this is the right area to be. Any help and or suggestions are always welcomed. The gym opens December 15th. I am trying to get a free pass at the other location until then just to get into the water and walk around and stretch.

Again, hello, it's nice to be here with you all!

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    We are glad to welcome you !
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Hi!! We are all in a similar boat here! I have gained 40 pounds since menopause symptoms started and I am miserable. This group is very nice and supportive.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    you sound like you got this!!, your ready to fight! GO!
  • CndnJo
    CndnJo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also returning after backsliding for awhile. You can do this - one day at a time. Slow and steady wins the race.

One good day is a new beginning.

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I remember when I joined LA Fitness and eventually lost quite a bit but now I have less time for exercise with a full time job and am struggling to keep the weight down. We had to switch to the Y recently since our LA Fitness had crime issues. We go to aquafit 3 days a week but I need more exercise. So my goal is to go from keeping it off to getting it off.