EARLY Living the Lifestyle Wednesday 11/22/17

Options
Rachel0778
Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate, and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for November are:

Monday - imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday - Calvin2008Brian
Wednesday - Rachel0778 (Rachel)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - jimb376 (Jim)

Topic: Since I'm driving to ND tomorrow I figured I'd get this out early. Happy Thanksgiving!

We are a week and a half away from the new Weight Watchers plan roll out. If you were in charge of Weight Watchers, how would you adjust the new points plan to best suit your needs? Or would you stick with the current plan? What do you not and not like about the current plan?

Replies

• Jimb376
    Jimb376 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to see how the new lan will affect me. I don't understand how they are going to make some foods 0 SPs and lower daily SPs

I joined 2013 under the PPV plan and lost a little over 100# in about 26 months.

I like the current SP plan, I have lost +75# on it and getting close to setting my GW. I think the sugar SP "penalty" was good for me and helped me get off all T2D Rx meds.
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'll reserve judgment until I see the new plan.

From the few glimpses I've seen of it (from the UK and Australia sites), it looks like they're reverting back to something similar to the Winning Points Plan (allowing to carry over points from one day to the next) combined with Core (0 point foods eaten in moderation).
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Im excited for the new plan. I never fully embraced SP, so this is a good opportunity for a new start.

Re. sP, I dislike the penalty for sugar. I liked being able to easily work it into my plan without breaking the bank.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,076 Member
    Options
    So far I have tried them all since 2007. Stopped eating cereal but no other real changes.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I really don't know! I liked the plan I joined under (Points Plus) but I really haven't had any complaints with Smart Points either. I don't always like the penalty but I understand it.

I guess I don't necessarily see anything that needs fixed for me to continue maintaining. Reported changes coming probably won't make all that much difference for me.

My success has been and will be about continued moderation, regardless of what the plan is (or what it's called).
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    I don't follow WW except to say I wish I'd bought the stock when I heard Oprah was in.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    < -- huge loser.

Holy smokes. I just now realized I forgot to start the LTL thread yesterday.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Topic: Since I'm driving to ND tomorrow I figured I'd get this out early. Happy Thanksgiving!

Oddly enough, my excuse for forgetting to post yesterday was that I was in Fargo, ND for business. Too many things on my mind, I guess.

Apropos to nothing, I saw a tumbleweed blow by outside my meeting room. Cold, wind, and actual tumbleweeds will be my lasting memory of North Dakota.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Options
    I'm too far removed from counting points to have anything meaningful to say. I'm a little tempted to stick my toe back in that water, but honestly I really feel like I should be able to lose weight while tracking calories instead of counting points.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    Options
    I got disenchanted with the WW plan when it changed the last time. I fought it till we all came over to MFP. I then after awhile converted to MFP and calories. So I am still out to lunch on whats going to go down with the new WW plan. I haven't have had a chance to look up and review the new WW program so I'll reserve judgement till it hits.

SW 400.8
    CW 315.5
    Next GW 300.0
    Final GW 185.0
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »

Oddly enough, my excuse for forgetting to post yesterday was that I was in Fargo, ND for business. Too many things on my mind, I guess.

Apropos to nothing, I saw a tumbleweed blow by outside my meeting room. Cold, wind, and actual tumbleweeds will be my lasting memory of North Dakota.

I didn't even know tumbleweeds were real until I visited ND! Fargo is a pretty fun town. We were stuck about an hour outside of Minot.