Healthful Pursuit Leeann Vogel

Options
I'm thinking of signing up for her programs but I'm just slightly hesitant because they are dairy free and while I'm okay with being mostly dairy free I do enjoy it and don't want to cut it out completely. So, what I'm wondering is if you can substitute in a bit of dairy while doing her programs? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Replies

• MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I do not know...I hope you will share your experience. I just wanted to chime in and say how much I have been benefitting from L. Vogel's podcast. Highly recommend!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened nut milks like almond, cashew, etc. I know there are "faux cheeses" out there made of nut bases as well, even yogurt that is make from either coconut milk or nuts like almonds, but that's all I've got. Additionally, nutritional yeast is much revered in vegetarian and vegan circles for the ability to impart cheesy flavor to a dish but I don't have much experience with it personally.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened nut milks like almond, cashew, etc. I know there are "faux cheeses" out there made of nut bases as well, even yogurt that is make from either coconut milk or nuts like almonds, but that's all I've got. Additionally, nutritional yeast is much revered in vegetarian and vegan circles for the ability to impart cheesy flavor to a dish but I don't have much experience with it personally.

Ditto all of this.
    I was dairy free for a couple of years and this was pretty much how I handled it. A few years later and my kids still add nutritional yeast to cheesy dishes to make them even cheesier. LOL And I still use coconut oil and milk more than dairy. It's a nice flavour for all baking.

Good luck! :)
  • Shantabulous84
    Shantabulous84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A couple things on this topic (yeah...I'm late to the party!) I've been a follower of Leanne's for a couple years now, and while she personally is dairy free, it's because she has sensitivities (like many women do) but mentions throughout a number of her materials, such as her book "The Keto Diet" that if you have no issues with dairy, it's fine to use. That said, I think going dairy free can be a very good thing for a lot of people, and certainly worth trying. If you don't have nut issues, nut cheeses can be VERY tasty in their own right. I spent some time on a plant based diet and did really well with the various alternatives. I LOVE CHEESE btw :)