Eating veggies is punishment?

Options
sccjahab
sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
It is so sad to me that when I think of eating veggies it feels like I'm being punished. There are so many good tasting veggies and even more great recipes to use. I don't know why I have a negative mindset about it. I hope to work on changing the way I think of them. Any suggestions or recipes would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I dont have recipes but what I do is oven roast them. Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower carrots are much better roasted than boiled. I put them in a flat rectangel corning ware or glass pan with some water to prevent sticking. I cover them with tin foil for the first 30 to 45 min until they get soft and then take off the foil for browning them. Salt, pepper, a little olive oil or butter and its good. I also like cold leftover veg with some olive oil, vinegar, salt pepper and a hard boiled egg for evening meal. I eat my larger meal midday, but the veg and egg could be a lunch. Best wishes, since I started eating more veg its been so much easier to keep calories under my goal for the day, i hope you find the same!
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you Gamliela! Roasted is better, much more flavor
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Yes they really are! I love roasted tatersl, but thats not everyday!
  • DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi @lisadonakowski. It is never to late to fall in love with veggies. For me vegetables are fuel. Take it slow add more veggies on Monday and then move on from there. What is your go to food? I would be happy to help you if and veggie replacement and other recipes. Just ask. Melissa
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yup- roasted for the win!! Also- if you like eggs, it’s a super easy way to add a few more vegetables in to make a scramble or frittata. I also hate chopping them (had carpal tunnel release surgery several years ago, but my dominant hand was left a bit weaker, so it’s harder to chop hard stuff... so I try to use a food processor & it’s SO much easier/faster & way more fun