How much have you lost on Atkins?

Options
2»

Replies

• abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am now down 62 pounds in 3 months, going very well right now

Wow! Great job. Are you on extended induction?
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    OK I started a atkins diet last tuesday 8/13/13 and Im down 7 lbs BUT I am allowing myself 30 carbs a day becasue when I go to low I get major headaches and brain fog ! Im still not sure if Im doing this right or now. Eating meat and cheese all the time is getting to me. I want fruit . Im sure there are things Im not doing right. but Im not eating bread, potatoes, flour. so I guess every little bit helps. Im getting married Nov 9th and hope to be down about 25 lbs by then...Im not seeing it.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, brain fog and headaches can be a natural part of entering ketosis for many people. I went through it in June and hated every second of it with a passion. I just got back on Saturday from a "deep fried" vacation, and am on day three of doing Induction again. I'm hating every second of it, too.

However, once you're in, all those bad symptoms (often called "Atkins flu") disappear, and you'll have even more energy than normal, with no 5:00 o'clock crashes...

That said: You don't HAVE to do ketosis if you don't want to. It has many additional benefits if you do choose to do it, but dropping the simple carbs is working for you (and STILL sparing you lots of calories). When it comes down to it, if you're losing weight then who the heck cares how you do it? If you're seeing success, then that's a good plan (within safe limits of course).

However, should you do decide to go "hardcore" Atkins (which will absolutely burn 25 by Nov), I cannot recommend strongly enough that at a minimum you read "The Atkins Essentials: A Two-Week Program to Jump-start Your Low-Carb Lifestyle". It will answer the low-carb questions you've got, and help to keep your plan safe. The book can be purchased on Amazon for less than $3.99, and can be downloaded or checked out from your local library for free.

As always, Drink lots of water and make sure you have a good multivitamin/multimineral combo.

Be well, be safe!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Eddie is so RIGHT ON, well said, that bad feeling goes away, and whats on the other side feels SO GOOD!!!,, your energy level goes thru the roof, and the weight drops off, your craving s for the carbs you miss fade away with time, it to me is a life saver and life changing way to eat,, I am never going back to the old carb way, and that old BS that the food industry trys to make us gobble up