WFPB/HCLF/LCHF/Raw...what are you doing?

Options
I became vegan again this year for maybe the 3rd time in my life. I've tried several times since I was 18, but this time I have more control over my life. It's been almost a year and going strong.
My question to all you guys is, what plan are you using to lose weight? Right now I'm on a high protein, low fat, low carb plan, because it's part of a weight lose challenge plan. After 3 weeks I FINALLY lost some weight, but I also increased my exercise. Long term, I like the idea of HCLF, but LCHF foods are yummy too. A high protein diet isn't for me, because I want to eat less processed foods. A high protein diet for vegans requires more tofu, seitan and tempeh, they make my tummy hurt so it's not my long term plan. SO, what are you doing? How's it going?

Replies

• CindyA2268
    CindyA2268 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have done both HCLF & LCHF plans with little success sadly. Now I am following WFPB but customized. I avoid high refined carbs like white rice & breads as well as all pasta. The only carbs I eat are veggies either fresh or frozen, some fruits, beans & lentils (for protein), Jack fruit (protein), and tofu. I also have been following a IF plan of 16/8 (16hr fast/ 8ht eating) and feel much better. Please let me know if I can be of any help as you are the first Vegan I've found and would love to keep in touch!
  • sarcasmbunny
    sarcasmbunny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a mess right now. I did Keto before I was vegan and I'm not even sure how I would do that now as a vegan. Been a Veg head for about a year. And I'm leaning towards Whole Foods type deal. I meal prep a lot. But a lot of my dishes are carb based now. Like brown rice, veggie pasta, stuff like that. I'm still kind of in this phase where I have no idea what I am doing haha. I've also started fasting once a week, but thats more to help a medical issue.
  • LataLizzy
    LataLizzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Right now, I am eating a high-fat, relatively-high protein, low-carb, no sugar diet. I know calories out > calories in = weight loss no matter what you're eating, but I do truly think that weight loss becomes much easier when you limit or completely cut out sugar. I don't mean fruit. I mean cookies, cake, candy, etc. Truthfully, I go back and forth on this way of eating. When I'm more active (getting up mtns and running for hours), sugar and lots of carbs don't go straight to my thighs. When I'm less active, I really have to avoid that stuff if I want to fit into my pants...
  • faithfullogic
    faithfullogic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So, my challenge is over and I can stop searching for those fake meats to give me the extra protein. Although not all of them were bag tasting. I'm leaning towards continuing WFPB, like I was before the challenge. I was losing weight then too, I just wasn't working out. I signed up for the forks over knives cooking class in September, when hurricane Harvey hit. I didn't know at the time, my house was flooded and I would have a kitchen again until this week. They extended my class and hopefully that will help with food ideas and cooking in general. I've signed up for other meal plan groups like Lindsay's Meal Mentor. I wanted to try different things, so that was fun, especially when I was just beginning to learn how to make vegan meals.
  • SanfordRoberts
    SanfordRoberts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi there, vegan for about 6 months, trying to do wf, but some junk in there as well. I do like veggies so that's a good start. now mostly trying to get a consistent exercise routine in there before the year sweeps away. mainly yoga and zumba type classes-def need to add in more strength training and core work. i went to a pilates class yesterday and I am sore (esp my neck)