Weekly Post - 27.11.2017 - 03.12.2017

Options
2»

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    Chicken tikka masala is my favorite!! I love it with coconut milk! YUMMY! I make a lot of recipes from the site Skinnytaste and I believe she has one that is low calorie that I make often. So good! Glad it worked out for you, @ryenday

And, everything taste better when someone cooks for you!! :smiley:
  • ryenday
    Options
    @Meghan509 Do check those inches! Starting up weight training is likely to confuse the scale ( the muscles, b/c they are using more glycogen hold on to water or something) but I bet since you say the clothes feel better and you are getting compliments that the inches will show a better reflection of your progress!

December goals: my weight yesterday was 155lb. I want my end of December weight to be less ( even by only ounces) I want to swim 8 miles, I want to have 8 successful fast days, I want to strength train 8-12 times and I want to get in 12 HIIT exercise sessions. I want to savor the holidays and not sweat the small stuff!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hey all, just have to post quickly because I have been working like a dog all week! Anyway, thanks for the fitness recs. @Meghan509 I think I still have some Denise Austin and Kathy Smith DVDs. I think I probably got rid of the VHS tapes of them that I had when we got rid of the one remaining VCR a few years ago. I think I may have Buns of Steel, too! I'm honestly considering going back to Leslie Sansone since I can actually stand her and her workouts.

OK, back to work! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Well, I have reached my first goal of 155. Weighed in at 154.6 (70.12kg ) today! (I am beginning to believe @ryenday and I are 5:2 twins. :D ) I am sure of that is due to my hospital vacation where they treated me to IV drip pairings with my meds until my intestines started to behave themselves. :) Either way, I am thrilled! On to my next goal of 145 (65.77kg).

@RBXChas Do they have great spin videos out there on YouTube? The type that make you feel like you are part of the Tour de France or something like that? I was thinking that since you like spinning, being part of an exciting race might get your exercise mojo back. You could even set up a fan to blow the wind in your face! OK, I know I am going overboard here. :lol:

@KateNkognito - Since you are in a super busy season, how about some mini-goals for this month? Like 1/2 your usual chocolate count for the day? Or doing 5:1 or 5:.5? I find that when I am overloaded, doing small things keep me in the game until I can do more.

@Marmitegeoff - Nice pic! Is that blue sky I see in England? I too am wondering about the UK's reaction to Prince Harry's choice. Are they put off with an American bride or do they love her? We only know what the press tells us here but sometimes the general population has a different opinion than the press, if you know what I mean. How have you been feeling? Are you back to your normal routine?

@Meghan509 - Love how you are loving your new workout routine. Getting stronger, looking fitter. Losing 70lbs shows your grit and determination. Nothing sadder looking than someone who loses a bunch of weight by losing both fat and muscle. Just a skeleton with lose fitting skin. :s You will have gorgeous muscles along with your weight loss. Dream Summer 2018. You will be beach ready by then, girlfriend! B)

@ryenday - Love Indian food. Please post the Chicken Tikki Masala recipe when you have time. You inspire me. Just putting one foot in front of the other, trucking down the weight loss road. Love your specific goals for December. With such thought put into your goals you have a good chance of hitting them.

I am beginning to feel better after my hospital vacation. My tummy pain is slowly going away. I think I will be ready to fast on my regular days next week, Monday and Thursday, as well as restart my exercise routine. My plan for December is to stick as close as I can to 5:2 and my exercise schedule until the 23rd and then take a break between 12/24-1/2. My son doesn't go back to school until the 8th. Would love to have a looong 5:2 vacation but I think that would not be good for me in the end so I will probably wade back in to 5:2 and exercise after the 1st.

Hope y'all have a great weekend! Be kind to yourselves. You are a work in progress.

• ryenday
    Options
    Lol, @jknight001 our stats remain eerily similar.

Chicken Tikka Masala: http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2014/10/chicken-tikka-masala-god-save-curry.htm
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...just popping in and I see a lot of banner worthy pics. I just added a striking river at dusk landscape from @Foamroller a few days ago, but the leaf and the autumn forest images should fit the banner format (610x200) well. Hopefully we can get them in before the new year. We have an abundance of winter banners from previous years that also set the mood for the season, so it's going to be a tough choice.

If I don't make it back in the next few weeks, have a wonderful holiday season.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Thx for checking in on us @orlcam. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
    Got to the gym and the grocery stores today. Getting a lot of cooking done for the week now, since we have plans tomorrow to go in to NYC to see friends and watch some football. Excited about that!
    Enjoy the rest of your day / evening.
    See you soon. B)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Hi @orlcam thanks for popping in!
    Sorry I missed your post from before.
    Love the pic you chose for us.
    Happy holidays and see you soon! :)
    Meghan