Wanting friends in my age range -- OLD that is.

Options
PamamaJane
PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
I'm looking for friends closer to my age range, and I'm on the older side of this ride through life. My only other request is that you be active in logging, posting, and commenting on the News Feeds. I like to give people cheers and encouragement and would only ask the same in return.

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »
    I'm looking for friends closer to my age range, and I'm on the older side of this ride through life. My only other request is that you be active in logging, posting, and commenting on the News Feeds. I like to give people cheers and encouragement and would only ask the same in return.

Have you checked out the low carb ladies over 50 group? They maybe what you are looking for.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I'm 63. Please add me. I'm on here posting every day.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 so please add me. I'm a keto gal in maintenance.
  • PamamaJane
    Options

Have you checked out the low carb ladies over 50 group? They maybe what you are looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look for that group.

• Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi ya. 59 here. Log daily, exercise 3x a week. Have lost 35 lbs since July on LCHF but have been plateaued for about a month. Might be the weekend wine .... hmmmm.
  • PamamaJane
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    You guys could be a youth movement.

Old? Pshaw!

You win. I don’t know how old you are exactly, but anyone who actually uses “pshaw” is definitely ancient. Yup, you win. (Chuckle, chuckle.)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Here you go. I just *happen* to be a member lol.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112128-low-carber-daily-ladies-over-50
  • PamamaJane
    Options
    Thanks, Sabine_Stroe... I've applied to join. See you over there.
  • sugarfreeme55
    sugarfreeme55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and having a hard time losing weight. I would love to share support and victories with others who also struggle (more than we all did 20 years ago!)
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I am 57 (birthday was yesterday). I am not sure where that falls on the old/not_so_old continuum for you. I feel pretty spry.

You are welcome to add me. My food diary is not very exciting - just warning you.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 54 and try to be active in the newsfeeds. I like encouraging my friends and I really enjoy being encouraged! Helps keep me up, especially on days the scale goes up! So add me if you like! Would love to have all of you as friends!
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    FWIW, I am 57 (birthday was yesterday). I am not sure where that falls on the old/not_so_old continuum for you. I feel pretty spry.

You are welcome to add me. My food diary is not very exciting - just warning you.

Happy Birthday! I didn't know it was your birthday! I hope it was a good one! (Did you eat cake? LOL)
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options

Here you go. I just *happen* to be a member lol.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112128-low-carber-daily-ladies-over-50

I just happen to be a member too, but it isn't as active as this group. Hopefully if more people join, it'll be a hoppin' joint!
  • keyauwee
    keyauwee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi PJ! Going to be 68 this Sunday and am recommitting myself to healthy low carb for the umpteenth time, but due to a recent health issue, I know I can and will succeed. Looking for friendly mutual support especially during this treacherous holiday season.
  • moestman
    moestman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 61 and fighting a 15 lb weight gain after a year from hell. Been IF for about 3 months and added keto last month. Weight won't budge, in fact, have gained some. Very discouraged. Kind of blew it over Thanksgiving weekend so getting back on track. Would love to join the group. I'm not usually such a downer!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday! I didn't know it was your birthday! I hope it was a good one! (Did you eat cake? LOL)

It was a very nice birthday really. I stuck with my diet and had 12 net carbs for the day. There was no cake in that 12 net carbs.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hello how old can we be. I am 72 is that too old.
    I am starting over with curves next thurs excited but cautious
    The big problem I leave for 4 day vacation the next day the good news I am bringing my own food on this vacation
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    gfjazz wrote: »
    Hello how old can we be. I am 72 is that too old.
    I am starting over with curves next thurs excited but cautious
    The big problem I leave for 4 day vacation the next day the good news I am bringing my own food on this vacation

Nope, not too old at all. The group is very friendly. I a member over there and the gals are wonderful. Any ladies over 50 wanting to follow this WOE are welcome.
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 61 and fairly new to the LCHF way of life. So far it is going well but I am sure there will be times when I will need the support of like minded people. Feel free to add me as a friend.