December Challenge

Options
WifiresGettingFit
WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
edited December 2017 in Social Groups
Hey everyone!

The December spreadsheet is ready.

If there's anything you forgot to fill in for November, just let me know and I'll add it.

November wasn't great for me, I'm hoping to make December better. I'd really like to finish this year out strong. Because I haven't been doing the best though and we have yet another major holiday this month, my goal is just going to be lose something.

What is everyone else's goals?

Replies

• SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The last week of November didn't treat me well. I held steady at about 2 pounds of gain through Thanksgiving and then I'm pretty sure baby held onto every morsel of turkey and pie from that point. I jumped up 4 pounds in the last week. It's making me a bit nervous, hoping it was just a big jump/growth spurt not a new weekly trend.

December will be week 16-20 for me. I have no clue how it's going so fast already!

Goals for December:

-Keep working on eating well

-Resist the endless plates of Christmas goodies at work

-Be active each day

-Make all the updates to paperwork for HR- FSA contributions, new W4, ect.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @SheilAnneSmith I'm sure some of that is water retention. I wouldn't get too nervous about it considering that you're doing what you can to keep the gain at a minimum. Some women just gain a lot during pregnancy regardless of what they do. Try not to let it get to you, you're doing what you can! Also, great goals and how exciting that by the end of the month, you'll officially be in the middle of your pregnancy! =)
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Deleted.

NVM. Got it figured out!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    December goals:
    Keep weight in 160-170 range for now.
    Take vitamins and supplements.
    Walk, move more. Get outside!
    Go to work every day.
    Decorate for Christmas. :mrgreen:
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Alioth Great goals!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    My goal for December is not to lose my *kitten*, or gain weight. Ive been hanging out around 191-193 and if I end the month there, Ill be fine.
    December will be hard for me with out a positive, lots of triggers for me and I can feel the emotions simmering just below the surface....and Ive sob cried twice this month already and we are only a week in. Send good thoughts my way please!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 Lots of good thoughts and positive vibes sent your way Kirstie!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Sending lots of good thoughts your way @Kirstie155!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    How has everyone been doing on their goals?

I think I might actually achieve mine. haha Not that I had any specifics and just wanted to lose something but so far, the scale is down about 3 pounds. (some of which is definitely water weight but still.)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and call it for December. *deep breath* How my goals went:
    1. Shot the weight goal by gaining around 10 lbs now at 172. That's double what I was supposed to in 1st trimester, which is not over for another month. :cry:
    2. Have been sort of consistent taking pills. Trying at least!
    3. Complete failure to move more or go outside. Haha.
    4. Have mostly made it to work, but come late and leave early. I feel so guilty.
    5. I did manage to decorate the tree and set the table. Hubs was nice enough to do the rest since I kinda pooped out

Can't wait to hear how everyone else did! I'm sure you guys did way better than me.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Ha, I'm 195 today and just ate cake and Mac and cheese, but the month isn't over yet. Going to do a whole 30 for January- ugh I should just start now. I'm all jacked up on sugar like all the time.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Goals for December:

-Keep working on eating well-- I did a poor job of tracking at times, but overall better than the month before I think

-Resist the endless plates of Christmas goodies at work- I tried to make an effort to choose the cheese and nuts vs the cookies and candies. But, it's hard to resist free food!

-Be active each day- The cows keep me busy shoveling out their pen each morning, I haven't been doing much beyond that but it's 30+ minutes a morning of shoveling and walking

-Make all the updates to paperwork for HR- FSA contributions, new W4, ect. -I think I have them all done and submitted--new deductions start next paycheck..bye-bye money :(

Weight wise, I'm up about 3.5 pounds in December...8.5 pounds total so far.
This discussion has been closed.