Anyone want to do a challenge ? Lose 1lbs a week for 40 weeks ?

Options
size102b
size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
I have lost 38lb in keto I have 40lbs to goal
I have lost 3 dress sizes and 40 inches

Anyone want to do a challenge to lose 1 lbs a week for 40 weeks ?

Replies

• __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Great loss so far!
    We run a monthly challenge (see stickied threads at the top of the page) that many people join. Each person sets their own goal, so you could set 1lb/week if you like! It's a great thread for comraderie, support and accountability. Please do come join us!
  • rondineff7266
    rondineff7266 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I need to lose about 75lbs.
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

Do you want to join the December Challenge? As River_Goddess says it's in the 'stickies' thread above the discussion. Just log your current weight today and then next Sunday do the same etc. Easy and supportive, we've been doing this for a few months now and it seems to work for some of us! :)
  • size102b
    Options
    Great loss so far!
    We run a monthly challenge (see stickied threads at the top of the page) that many people join. Each person sets their own goal, so you could set 1lb/week if you like! It's a great thread for comraderie, support and accountability. Please do come join us!

I did join thanks just needed a challenge for goal and that will take longer :)
  • size102b
    Options

Great I'll add you as a friend if that's okay ?
  • size102b
    Options

Do you want to join the December Challenge? As River_Goddess says it's in the 'stickies' thread above the discussion. Just log your current weight today and then next Sunday do the same etc. Easy and supportive, we've been doing this for a few months now and it seems to work for some of us! :)

Yes I have Thankyou just wanted a long term challenge as it will take me a while :)
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »

Yes I have Thankyou just wanted a long term challenge as it will take me a while :)

Ah, what we should have explained maybe is; the month is December so it's the December Challenge but we've already done September, October and November and we will do January 2018 etc etc. There is no end in sight, even when we get to our goal weights we will need to stay there! View it as a life long commitment or a life sentence which ever seems more appropriate.........and welcome to the December Challenge I saw you'd joined in!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @size102b

Maybe what you can do is state out your long term goal, your goal date...and then break it down to month...

Or if you prefer to do a long term one only separate from the monthly ones, please let me know, and I can tag it to be in the top section for easy check-ins.
  • size102b
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @size102b

Maybe what you can do is state out your long term goal, your goal date...and then break it down to month...

Or if you prefer to do a long term one only separate from the monthly ones, please let me know, and I can tag it to be in the top section for easy check-ins.

Well I have 40lbs left to lose which will be a total losss if 100lbs I've given myself a date of my 49th Birthday 1st October 2018 as it was 40 week :)

Thanks
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sorry, my brain wasn't in full gear earlier - state it out within the challenge... Many people have their starting weight, current weight, goal weight, monthly weigh in goals, etc. You could easily add a couple lines on yours to include your running tally leading up to your birthday goal! Something like this, using made up numbers...

Starting Weight: 1st October 2017 - 250
    Current Weight: 1st December 2017 - 190
    Goal Weight: 1st October 2018 - 150

Total Remaining Weight to Lose: 40 pounds
    Total Challenge: 40 weeks
    Goal per week: 1 pound

60% of goal, achieved!

Weigh Ins:
    6/12/17
    13/12/17
    20/12/17:
    27/12/17:
    3/1/18:

Etc. Update as it goes...and then just carry over updated stats to the next monthly challenge...

P.S. That's an awesome birthday gift to yourself!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    P.S. That's an awesome birthday gift to yourself!

Totally!