Reduced Appetite

Options
I started low carb , around 50g for 6 weeks now, I lost 17 lbs so far so it's is quite fast. I was setting my goal at 1200 but usually had around 1000 per day and don't feel hungry. I increas to 1350 per day now after people in the forum suggest I am eating too little and losing weight too fast. But I felt like my stomach has shrinked, like today I had a very light breakfast and then did light cardio for 40 min, I decided to have chipotle salad bowl for lunch( my version is about 450 kcal), but I could only finish half and felt really full. Should I eat more even if my body tells me I am full just to reach my calorie goal?

Replies

• Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat to my daily calorie goal, I have the same feeling with loss of appetite. I try to keep my calorie goal so I do not see a drop in metabolism. So I usually hit around 200 of daily. That does exclude exercise, I do not count that to Daily goal.
    I eat around 1700-1800 a day in one meal, I have been averaging about a pound a day, not expecting this to continue at this rate. I have been feeling great. I have seeded a few extended fasts into my schedule as well.
  • aupston
    aupston Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That is a question many of us face......
    I think it also depends on how much you have to lose and if you have stalled.....
    I didn’t start feeling too full to eat til about 5 months (November) on my plan. I lost 10 lbs a month...
    The last month, I lost 6 lbs but lost the same inches as before......
    My happy medium was striving for 1000 calories a day......
    I decided to watch and see.....I am planning on being on this plan for life and 1000 cal seems like a health number......I still have 34 to lose.....
    Likely doesn’t answer your question but it is what I am trying for now....
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Besides, once you get closer to goal you will likely find yourself a bit more hungry because you don't have as much stored on you to pull from. Enjoy while it lasts, lol. ;)
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great, good to hear your similar experience, I think I'll just follow my appetite for now even if it's below goal. Anyway Christmas is coming so I am sure to indulge a bit( on fancy wagu beef not on carb).