Recommendation for Strength training dvd?

Options
Looking for a dumbell ONLY strength training dvd. NOT for a beginner.. I am at 8 and 10 lb weights right now. I can handle squats, etc.. I am ready for something tough.. with NO cardio.. anything out there? i do not want anything with a step, i really don't want to buy any more equipment, it seems that Cathe lady uses the step all the time.

Thank you in advance for any dvd suggestions!

Replies

• Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme has you use weights up to 25lbs (I'm pretty sure). Some of the videos have some cardio, but if I'm not mistaken the major ones are weightlifting only. Good luck!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I love Cathe! Yes, she uses a step, but mostly as a bench.

Although Cathe is probably still my favorite, I am currently doing Body Beast. It is a 3 month program, all heavy lifting and no cardio (well, there is one day a week, but that's easy enough to skip or substitute...) Great workouts and it can all be done with dumbells. You will need a bench, step or balance ball and/or a chair for a lot of the exercises, but he always has one person doing the moves using only dumbells. The only other thing he does is pull-ups, but I use heavy bands for that (with a door attachment).

For Body Beast (and Cathe as well), I use 5, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 pound dumbells. You do need a fairly large variety...

Charlene Extreme is another option that lot love (I actually tried that one and returned it, as I never really got into it for some reason...)