Low Carb/High Fiber Treat?

Options
maryhm1
maryhm1 Posts: 56 Member
I'm looking for a recipe for a treat- cookie, muffin, etc.... that is low carb and high fiber. I need to add more fiber, and I'm already baking myself low carb desserts, so if I could get the fiber in the treat, win win. :)

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    A handful of almonds? :)
  • maryhm1
    maryhm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a dessert that I can bake.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I like flax crackers and mug muffins made with flax... check out the recipe sites in our Launchpad: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10348430/recipe-tips-websites-lcd-group-member-recipes?new=1
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Chia pudding? It isn't baked, but it's decent...

These are a nice baked treat - I used all the variations when I made it...I'm pretty sure the hemp hearts are higher in protein than the sesame seeds, and I did add the collagen powder, too... If you wanted, you could add chia seeds, too, for some crunch. Looks like my variation of the recipe was 4 grams carbs, 2 of those were fiber, so it's not high fiber...

https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2015/11/4-ingredient-keto-cookie-bars/

Maybe look at Mariamindbodysoul.com . Maria Emmerich is a big fan of psyllium husks - which are essentially metamucil type fiber...
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    High in fiber usually means high(er) carbs. Chia flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, oat fiber 500...all high in fiber. NONE of these are a 1:1 replacement for flour. Other types of seeds and nuts can sometimes have a decent amount of fiber in them too: pepitas (pumpkin seeds), watermelon seeds, pine nuts, sweet apricot kernels, sacha inchi, etc. Oh yes, forgot about avocado too.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Maybe low NET carbs is what was mean, assuming that the fiber carbs alone would be removed and make it a low net carb treat while still being high in fiber?

I have found that anything in which Fiber is added for the sake of Fiber alone, I get some very not fun digestive drama and pyrotechnics....but my guts are a little broken...YMMV, @maryhm1
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Check out k bday cake recipe!
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    just have a choc chip cookie dough quest bar :)
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I have not tried bc I can't eat chocolate, but I've seen avocado brownies on Pinterest listed as keto.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Look for low carb ground flax seed recipes. They should work just fine. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I am still doing the Baker's 100% cacao that contains no sugar and 4 grams of carbs with 3 grams of fiber per 1/2 oz serving after most meals.