Is 3rd time the charm?

Options
Hi All,

Im back on here and tomorrow I'll be starting OMAD, for the third time :|

I always love how I feel when I'm OMADing, but I haven't been able to stick with it for more than a couple of weeks.

I hope to be successful this time around- I really need to lose weight! I hardly recognize myself anymore!

For encouragement, how many pounds did you lose your first week OMADing? What about the second week? After the first month?

Hugs
Bobo

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I think it all matters how aggressive you are and if you stick to a one plate rule or not. I didn't do the one plate rule and lost about 2.5-lbs/week to start with. Others have lost a lot faster doing the one plate rule. Guys tend to lose faster than women. The bigger you are, seems the faster you lose. Make sure you get adequate protein in your eating window. I think it helps to be not as hungry the next day. Good luck!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Today's the day, Good luck :)

I lost 6.2 pounds the first week of starting my diet which was low carb only and at week 14 I started Omad/Low Carb and I lost 2.2 pounds.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You've got this! You know what to do, you know that it works, now it's time to just do it and we are here to support and encourage you along the way.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!

Will try to post my week 1 weigh-in results, and so on.

Happy Friday!
    Bobo
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your first week!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Back when I first started OMAD I'd average 2-3 lbs per week. At that point I carried a lot of weight and had lots to lose compared to most. I'd give it a month, in that time if you've lost 6 or more lbs you're probably doing fine. If less then maybe you might want to consider stepping it up a notch. Of course this is all relative, if you only have 20-30 to lose you're going to see smaller changes.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good luck!