Does anyone here do keto and crossfit?

Options
CaraMerced
CaraMerced Posts: 50 Member
I started keto on jan 1st and have lost 114 pounds with bo exercise. I recently moved and the crossfit gym is near where I live- was wondering if anyone does both?

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    CaraMerced wrote: »
    I started keto on jan 1st and have lost 114 pounds with bo exercise. I recently moved and the crossfit gym is near where I live- was wondering if anyone does both?

I don't but just wanted to congratulate you on your great loss! B)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I don't either, but would love to. Interested in responses here. Congrats on your terrific losses!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have done crossfit as low carb, but have not tried it since going keto. It aggravates my carpal tunnel, so I gave it up in favor of exercises with less push-ups and burpees...also, I noticed a drop in my strength training after starting crossfit - probably just me trying to do too much with too little recovery time. If crossfit is your only exercise and you don't have any underlying structural weaknesses, then you should be fine.

It was a fun workout - something different every day, not boring, very fast paced and engaging...the instructor was awesome at pushing you while still stressing to go at your pace and not get injured...that's kind of a fine line, doing as much as you possibly can without pushing too hard.

Our instructor would review the exercises and show proper form at the beginning of the class...but, only if someone needed to be shown (most of us had been there a while), so don't be afraid to speak up and ask for a demo of the exercise if it's something new or if you are unsure of the correct form.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I don't do crossfit, but I do lift heavy weights and keto hasn't affected me. Granted, I have been eating keto for almost 3 years now... If you are making the switch to keto, it will result in a drop in strength as you transition, but you should be back up to normal and making PR's in no time. Is Crossfit a form of HIIT with weights? If it is, I can tell you I can not do interval sprints. My only form of cardio is either low intensity or moderate intensity steady state.