Intro and my experience!

Options
Good evening, everyone! I just joined this group. I am really excited to have found it since tomorrow will be W3D1 for me on the C25K program. I've despised running my entire life, and now I totally understand why. Whenever I've been forced to run (basketball practice in high school, PE classes in high school, doing crew in college) I've always been told "go run for 20 minutes and don't stop!" I never built up endurance, I never gradually got into it, and my body couldn't handle it and I would get side cramps terribly, be completely out of breath, and be just MISERABLE. Well as an overweight person I am running and I am loving it with C25K. I am motivated, I feel good when I get done, and I feel like it's something that still challenges me but I can accomplish the baby steps to build. I told myself I would try C25K just one day and could quit if I didn't like it. Then I said I would try just the first week and could quit, then just W2D1, and now I love it so much there won't be any quitting and I just signed up for my first 5K on October 5th! The best part is that it is The Color Run which I am soooo psyched for. Anyway, I'd love to share out about my experiences week by week and hear from others, too. Tomorrow starts the 3 minute intervals for me. I'm a little nervous but I know it will be great!

Replies

• tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I feel totally the same way! Where are you doing your Color Run? That is my goal for October too, although there aren't any near where I live left this year so might have to postpone til next year and just do an "ordinary" 5k, but even so that would be HUGE for me!
  • copp9
    copp9 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm doing the South Bend, Indiana one, but I live in Michigan. All of the Michigan ones were in July/August (too hot!) so it's about an hour drive for me to South Bend but totally worth it to do it early October. They have 2014 cities already posted on thecolorrun.com!
  • tlou5
    Options
    I will have to check out the 2014 list. Was thinking of doing Iowa in October if I feel better from it, but it is about an 9-10 hour drive from Northern MN where I live. Might just do a traditional 5k here in MN this fall and color run next year.
  • ktpod1
    ktpod1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That run sounds fun. I just preregistered on the color run website. I think they hold the one in my area in June. Akron
  • tlou5
    Options
    Good for you KT- We will all have to post our color run pictures! Major NSV successes!