Simple meals?.

Options
deup
deup Posts: 129 Member
I am having a slight issue with understanding. So I would like to try out keto. I did a calculator online it put me in 25g of carbs a day. The meals i been having has been 100g a day.. just the vegi i have for dinner is 22g. What meals as simple as posssible.. can be made daily without a ton of ingredients. ?

Replies

• Thundyrstorm
    Thundyrstorm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    On work days my simplest meal days I eat 6 eggs 2 servings of bacon cut in scrambled cooked with 4 tablespoons of coconut oil. 1 cup of broccoli. Then 60grams of macadamia nuts or pecans.
    This is eaten as one meal around 1500-1700 calories macros are something like 80%fat 15% protein, 5% carbs.

Once you get used to eating Keto it gets a lot easier knowing what you can or can't do.
  • twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

2 eggs, 2-3 bacon... I scramble the eggs with 1T of avocado oil, tea with stevia and 1T of MCT

Lunch is usually tuna lettuce wraps or taco salad (2 cups shredded lettuce, 4-5oz medium ground beef, 2 T medium salsa, 1-2T High fat sour cream and 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar).

Dinner

Protein of some sort... chicken breast usually 4-6oz. With small amount of veggies, usually less than 1 cup. Asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts with 1 tsp butter. Then I take 1T of MCT

Dessert- if I’m craving..... a Fat Bomb that I made ahead of time. Chocolate peanut butter cups are a hit.
  • twoisplenty
    twoisplenty Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What I recommend is you meal
    Prep. Take a day you have off and cook your next weeks meals. That way you just grab, reheat and eat. I hate cooking bacon so I cheat and buy precooked from Costco, lol. Eggs take no time to whip up.