Welcome to the group!

Options
muse12345
muse12345 Posts: 25 Member
Hello everybody and welcome to our new members (all of us!!!). I'm very exited to start this new chapter with all of you. I will tell you a bit about myself. I was raising almost vegetarian and at 16 it was full vegetarian and now I'm vegan. I was overweight all my adult life anyways. At my highest I was 205. Today, I start this group at 174 and my immediate goal will be 170 for Christmas but I think it's pushing a bit. My lifetime goal is 155. But those numbers are just numbers... My real goal is to be healthy and more active. And a big issue for me it's to relax... relax. It's not because the scale show 2 pounds more one day that I have to panic (that part is very very hard for me and it's where I get discourage and quit). But with this group, we will support each other’s and we will do it. I need something more organized, that's why I'm exited to be here with you every Monday.

Replies

• bun201
    bun201 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thanks Muse. I was on Calorie King (still am) but its numbers are dwindling down there and I need to have support. My starting weight there was 230.

My real goal is to be healthy also and to eat healthy nutritious foods. I spent most of the summer maintaining (not my goal) in the 190's and this weight for today is a new # I don't like very much.

I did get down to my goal weight at one point in my life (135lbs) so I know it can be done. It's hard juggling all the balls with special events, nutrients, exercise, etc etc.
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I was last down at goal 17 years ago and maintained at about 7-10lbs above it for over 10 years. I walked a lot, tried jogging, weightlifting, Zumba etc but it all stopped when I turned 50, had the menopause, a job I no longer enjoyed and my mother’s terminal illness. This started an increase in my weight so that I quickly put on 28 lbs.

You name a diet and I’ve probably tried it (except vegetarian or vegan funnily enough!) as I don’t really like vegetables! None have been successful long term because I get discouraged after a couple of weeks at how slowly my weight goes down.

My resolution last year was not to join any slimming classes - I’ve been on that merry go round often enough. The only pounds I lose are in my pocket. An on-line accountability group seems like a plan I can live with.

My main focus is going to be at each month’s end so that I don’t get caught up in the weekly ups and downs. If I can stick to one resolution (see above), I can stick to this!!
  • MamaGee89
    MamaGee89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm so glad that I have found am awesome group to be accountable to. ☺

My name is Sherri and I am a 28 year old mother of 4. My oldest are 14, 12, and 10 and they are my awesome stepwise. My youngest is almost 7 months.

I became vegan in August of 2016 right before I got pregnant. Being vegan and already overweight, I didn't gain any extra pounds while pregnant. The trouble is, I still haven't lost very much. I breastfeed, which burns an extra 300-500 calories per day and I eat more veggies than I ever have. This means I'm definitely overconsuming and should definitely lay off of the junk food.

I have struggled with weight since I was 20 amd have tried quite a few diets including Atkins, Weight Watchers, Dr. Phil's 20/20, Intermittent Fasting.... The list goes on.

My starting weight is 155 and my goal is 115. I really hope that we can keep each other inspired and accountable.

Thanks for creating this group, Muse. ❤