Special occasions (tools for success)

Options
muse12345
muse12345 Posts: 25 Member
- Recognize that holidays and special occasions require re-evaluation fo short-term goals.
- Learn how to modify holliday recipes
Our definition of success during special occasion may be different than the one we use for everyday eating. We have to set goals for special occasions that allow for occasional splurges balanced with healthy choices. This way, we can attend gatherings, eat, enjoy ourself and still keep our goals intact. For exemple, instead of planning to lose weight, we can aim at not to gain. This way, we will not have the sentiment of failure. Indulge a bit... A suggestion is to spend the calories on a small amount of those treats that we really want and pass up the food that we can have every day. Fill your plate with salad and veggies to have that piece of cake.
- If it's a pot luck party, bring something healthy, this way you can eat that.
- An other suggestion is to sit far away from the buffet table.
What are your suggestions? Let's say that I attend 2 parties this week-end. I didn't overeat (I'm vegan I know it help me with the choice of food!!!) but also, I went from table to table to talk to my cousins, ant and uncle and I always had a bottle of water in my hand and I drank few cup of teas. Also, I arrive there with a chili as my dish to share. I mainly eat that and salad. I'm lucky, I dont like sweet food. Will see tomorrow morning if I lost some weight or stay the same. Either way, I will be happy.

Replies