Weekly Post - 18.12.2017 - 24.12.2017

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,976 Member
Hi All!

Hope everybody is well. Holy cow Christmas Eve is Sunday! WOW... Again, where in the heck did 2017 go!?

Starting our little thread and will be back with comments in a few. So, you all see this new thread and if you want to post - feel free! :wink:

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Okay!

First things first.

@ryenday never any apolgies for venting - vent away sister! We all have our days. BTW - love that beautiful red dress on Amazon! Love your description of your body LOL too funny. I tend to me more of an hourglass, though my last measurements showed I was carrying more inches in the hip area. But I am still busty. I have lost inches in my bust but have only gone down one letter. I can't say I mind much... :#

As promised, here is the TDEE site that I have used and felt was pretty accurate.

I am five feet four inches tall, 45 years old. When I put in my body fat % that my scale tells me (I understand that I am not using calipers), I come in at 1581 for my BMR. For maintenence calories I get 1897 using a sedendary lifestyle. I don't eat back any exercise calories, but some day when I am on maintenance I guess I will. Hope that helps...

https://tdeecalculator.net/

Okay, let me get back to work. Keep trying to hit send and keep getting interrupted! Probably will check back later. Have a great day!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    3d9kszhz0iai.jpeg
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @ryenday I totally agree with @Meghan509. If we can't vent here about 5:2 and our lack of losses where else can we vent? Yes, vent away! Love your dress. You will rock the holiday season with that beautiful red!

Fast day today. Getting through it. Looking forward to my 5:2 break at the end of the week. Hope you all are doing well. Anyone know what @mamainthekitchen is up to? Seems she hasn't posted in awhile?
  • ryenday
    Options
    So it is going to be a crazy busy week. A co-worker’s sister was just taken to the hospital in ambulance- so I’ll be pulling double shift tomorrow to cover for her. I had only had chicken and clementine oranges to eat at lunch ( coincidentally being about 500 cals) so I’m just going to skip dinner and make today my fast day. I don’t think a double shift and hunger sound like fun.

I was thinking about @mamainthekitchen too. I hope she’s having a good (just busy) holiday season.

I got an extra long swim in today due to good timing. It was fantastic. Some days I feel like I could swim forever. Not going to touch any exercise calories this week, tho. Gonna consider them ‘banked’ as a hedge against Xmas eating.

The scale may be annoying me, but I’m looking so much better than a few months ago that I’m going to ignore it for now. (Easier said than done tho. :(

Later folks, “be careful out there!”
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Hellooooo kitty! <3 Great picture @ryenday

I have been doing only cardio since last Saturday. Going to hit the weights again strong after the New Year, when all the annoying gym people are back and treadmills are more scarce (sorry, had to say it). LOL And I like the higher burn I get from cardio to do like what was mentioned above, give me a little more cushion against the holiday eating and the unknown since we will be traveling and away from our gym and regular eating patterns.

Yes, I have been thinking about Mama, Kate, Geoff, and RBXChas (sorry for abbreviations of names, pretty sure everybody knows who I am talkin' bout!) I am thinking the holiday rush has everybody a little crazy. :p

I sure have been crazy the last few days. UGH. I am an Executive Assistant at my company and I just got a new person added to the mix. He is a super nice guy, but getting him settled and getting what I have to get done before year-end has been challenging to say the least!

Alrighty going to sign off for now. Got a bunch of stuff to get done so making it quick! Hope to check back later. Have a great day all!
  • ryenday
    Options
    4zgkhwb5ijks.png
  • ryenday
    Options
    My swim app tells me my Apple Watch has logged 98,821 meters in swimming this year. I’m gonna squeak past 100,000 meters - that isn’t anything special in miles (~62 miles) but for some reason completing 100,000 meters swum really pleases me!

Should get to goal next time I do laps in the pool!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! What a week! I am FINALLY all enrolled to go back to school, we had the last two days of school, and did I tell y'all that my supervising teacher suddenly retired? That leaves me as the only one that is at there all day and has been there more than a year. Fun times. Oh, and my house was a wreck (I spent all day cleaning) and I have people coming this weekend. We are also going to do a quick shot to my parents' house and my husband's extended family on Saturday. And on top of it all, the dog has decided to get himself all matted.
    Whew, I guess I had a lot bottled up! Sorry!
    I hope you all have a merry Christmas!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    Greetings from warm FL! Going to just say hi for now and will check back tomorrow. :)
    Meghan
  • Meghan509
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Good morning all!
    How is everybody doing? The countdown is on to Christmas... :o
    Been busy here. We managed to drive up to our gym here, while on vacation. Turns out it is only 20 minutes away and literally all highway driving the whole time. Happy about that!
    Yesterday I kept on plan. Had a turkey sandwich for lunch and made home made spaghetti sauce with ground turkey and penne, for the family. Yeah, I had a glass of wine and a little dessert but I am cool with maintaining over the next week or so if I can. Having the gym will help that. :smiley:
    Hope everybody is good. Going to have some coffee and head to the gym in a while.
    See you all soon!
  • ryenday
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Busy Busy! But happy! I’ll check in later, have some more cleaning to get done!
    In the meantime a Non holiday photo- typical of my style

x0dbmgms1mnt.png

Hope everyone is well!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Well, I am on my 5:2 break, happy to not be having to weigh and measure everything and I pick up a cold! I am thankful it is a mild one. Hoping if I can get to bed early tonight I will knock it out.

@Meghan509 - Seems like you have your wits about you. You are a 5:2 role model for us all! Wondering where you are at in FL? I have family in the Broward County (SE FL) area.

@ryenday - Thanks for posting your pics. They really are a treat. I bet we are the only MFP group with a resident artist.

Don't know if I will have any time to post between now and Monday so I want to wish @meghan509, @KateNkognito, @ryenday, @mamainthekitchen, @RBXChas, @Marmitegeoff, @flumi_f, @Foamroller and our fearless leader, @orlcam a very Merry Christmas! I really am thankful for all the support I get from this group and, even better, y'all are so nice! Enjoy your time with loved ones. Hope to be back posting early next week.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!
    Yesterday we drove three hours across the state of Florida, to the west coast, to visit my Dad and that side of the family. Got to see my sister and brother and law's new home. Very nice! They live in Cape Coral, FL.
    My Mom and Step Dad are in West Palm Beach, FL, so a little north of Fort Lauderdale or Broward County @jknight001 :)
    Thanks for your sweet words. I am grateful to have all of you here supporting me and helping me along the way! This is an awesome group! Everybody is so nice, agree!
    We will get the gym this AM and then later I will do some relaxing and cooking. Similiar schedule for tomorrow, only the gym is closed on Christmas Day. Nice that the staff gets a day off to spend with their family.
    Have a great Christmas Eve and I will plan on checking in tomorrow to wish you a Merry Christmas and to start off the new weekly post. Feel free to get us started if you are here before me!
    Have a great day!! Merry Christmas Eve. <3