How is everyone doing?

Options
How is everyone doing? I know the group is still in the early stages, and a lot of us are trying to be more habitual with our food diary, or we've been using it inconsistently and are wanting to be more consistent.

I'm currently at a 6 day streak. I've been consistent with logging my food after each meal, rather than trying to remember what I ate and logging it later. Because I'm tracking my food now I'm more likely to resist the temptation to eat something I shouldn't be eating. Today, I will admit I had a chocolate bar, but I ran 9 miles today and I finished the day with 831 calories remaining.

What I would like to pay closer attention to, now that we are getting the weekly digest emailed to us (the last time I used MFP this wasn't a feature), I need to eat more protein. My carb intake is high and my protein intake is low. So I'm going to try to focus more on foods that are higher in protein.

Week 1: Consistency with food tracking
Week 2 Goal: add foods higher in protein

The other thing I'm being pretty consistent with is the Intermittent Fasting technique. I allow myself an 8 hour window to eat my meals and then fast for the remaining 16. This helps me control those late night temptations to grab some chips or crackers or a bowl of cereal before bed.

Let the group know what your goals are for this week.

Replies

• dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I’m still in my first week of being back. I thought it would be really tough but I’m finding it’s not that bad. I need to remember to take it day by day and I know it will be a slow and steady process. My goal for this week is to not give up.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    O.K., we're kicking off 2018, how is everyone doing??
  • kavw76
    kavw76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need help! I am not loosing weight
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    kavw76 wrote: »
    I need help! I am not loosing weight

How can we help? Do you need encouragement, tips, cyber hugs??