Anyone want to participate in challenges?

Options
loneda
loneda Posts: 103 Member
The description for this group mentions challenges, which has always intrigued me. I went back to early posts on the group and saw some challenges. I thought it would be fun to post some challenges again.

My thinking is that they should be challenges that are accessible to everyone, regardless if they are new to lap swimming or if they are competitive master's swimmers.

So here are a few to get started. Please post your own or post if you did these challenges.

1. 200 free bilateral breathing (You choose--breathing every 3rd stroke, every 5 or every 7.)

2. 5 x 100 free, sprint the first 25 and then do 75 easy. 15 sec rest.

3. Use a piece of gear that your pool has that you don't usually use.

Replies

• emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I'm keen
  • loneda
    loneda Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I attempted my own challenges.

1. Bilateral breathing--did this. I generally do bilateral breathing until I get tired, so this wasn't a huge challenge for me.

2. I didn't do the sprints. I really dislike sprints and I haven't wanted to do the. Maybe next time

3. I bought myself short fins so I've had fun using those. I like them for kicking and fly but I feel like they throw off my rhythm for everything else.

@emmab0902 post a challenge and I'll attempt it! (Nothing on your intervals though because you are too fast for me!)