I'm back!!!

Options
genmon00
genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
Hi everyone its been a long crazy six months off the LC train and its not been good BUT i have completed my Bachelors Degree so I have my head in the game again. Also, i reduced my schedule from 10 hour work days and with no school, i can actually cook again lol Missed all of my fellow LCers and need your encouragement cuz going thru carb withdrawal is going to be killer again lol

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    YAY, Gen! You've been missed. :heart:
    Congrats!!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :heart:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Good to see you. Congratulations on completing your Bachelors!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Welcome back. Just remember: salt, salt, salt! ;)
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Good ta see ya again! Hop on and power up!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I'm back too...my sugar monster is out of control so I need to start low carb again!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Well, it's been a long year!!! I was 144 when I got married in June. Totally went carb-ballistic!!! I'm back up 2-3 sizes. YIKES!!!! I retired from my job mid November. My husband saw the doctor yesterday and was told (again) he needs to lose weight. He takes blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, and meds for gout. He is in the middle of a severe gout attack and can hardly walk. We are beginning this journey together. I'm back on and he says he's going to do it and lose weight. We'll see. He doesn't sleep well and frequently gets up to watch TV and usually has a snack. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Wish me luck. I'm going to try to be diligent at logging come Jan. 1. My Fitbit is charging!! I have missed you all-SunnyBunny, Nancytyc, knitormiss, dittodan, karlottap!!!
  • fatchimom
    Options
    Crap!! I forgot baconslave and goat!!!
  • fatchimom
    Options
    Oh, you know who you are!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    fatchimom wrote: »
    Oh, you know who you are!

:laugh:
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    fatchimom wrote: »
    My husband saw the doctor yesterday and was told (again) he needs to lose weight. He takes blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, and meds for gout. He is in the middle of a severe gout attack and can hardly walk. !

@fatchimom I believe this WOE would help him tremendously. My brother-in-law had gout and high blood pressure and was able to get off his blood pressure medication and only has gout problems when he's a bad boy and eats things he knows he shouldn't. Not sure exactly what his diet was as far as carb limit, but know they stopped eating the HFCS and processed foods in the beginning and just kept going from there.

Take out all the BAD snacks from the house and then even if he does want to snack it has to be something good.... :)