darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@ALYSSA_A21 - Welcome back! Not too much has changed around here....maybe most of the faces, but you might recognize a couple of familiar ones. :smile: Going forward it's okay to post what you did each day, but also please include the running total for the month as well. Thanks! :+1:

@2ESSIE - It's never too late! :smiley: Go ahead and go on your trip and don't worry about it. If you don't remember to post before I lock the thread, you can just PM me or Janet and one of us will most certainly take care of you and get you recorded and caught up!

Dave
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options

@KAR328 - Always great to find your fave shoes on sale! :) And even better you bought two pair! I've always tried to follow the advice I read a long time ago in Runner's World magazine to buy two pair and alternate wearing them each workout. Don't wear them for anything else but your workouts, especially not all day, and they will recover (the insole cushioning will decompress) and last longer. Two pair will last as long as three pair bought and worn end-to-end. It sure seems to work in my case anyway. Try it and see what you think. :)

I try to wear my newest shoes for just the gym/walking/running, then when they get too many miles, use them for everyday use and/or work. Right now with this new job, I've been wearing my gym shoes, just out of convenience, but I need to rethink packing older shoes to wear at the office.

Adding 1 mile before class this morning.

Snowing here in NC. Hoping for a snow day tomorrow, but would prefer it to be Friday. Glad to now have a job where they can actually close the office. Doesn't happen when you work in a hospital.

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,385 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @kar: I do as Dave does as well. I never wear my running shoes for anything but running. I switch out between two pair each time I run and I get over three years out of them. I am definitely a supinate right although they claim my feet are normal when I have them checked. My shoes wear down on the outside of my heels. It could be due to my initial lTeral meniscus tear. But I can tell when my regular gym shoes are in need of replacement because my feet start hurting, especially my plantar fascia. I work on a concrete floor all day with my laminate tile on top so they feel the fatigue when they start breaking down.

Jan. 3:Adding 11 miles today of walking and jumping rope for 6 miles and cycling 5 miles.
    TTD: 28 miles

exercise.png

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    24.67 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,462 Member
    Options
    Goal: 250.0 miles

01/01 - 02.0 miles rest day walk
    01/02 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/03 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 48.0 miles

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,360 Member
    Options
    01/03 - 7.81 miles

exercise.png

It was a good Wednesday! Had the kids and our grandbaby over for dinner. He's so much fun!

Chris
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,227 Member
    Options
    Starting the month off with 12 miles out of 175.

Adding seven miles for 19 out of 175.
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    1/1- walked 3.44 miles
    1/2- walked 4.61 miles
    1/3- walked 4.26 miles
    12.31/ 85 total miles

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    @kar: I do as Dave does as well. I never wear my running shoes for anything but running. I switch out between two pair each time I run and I get over three years out of them. I am definitely a supinate right although they claim my feet are normal when I have them checked. My shoes wear down on the outside of my heels. It could be due to my initial lTeral meniscus tear. But I can tell when my regular gym shoes are in need of replacement because my feet start hurting, especially my plantar fascia. I work on a concrete floor all day with my laminate tile on top so they feel the fatigue when they start breaking down.

How do you get three years out of them? I rotate through four pair at work and I only get two out of them. Maybe I need to lose some weight to take the wear off my shoes. :smile:

@Chris - You're kicking my *kitten* already! It's only the third. I better get to crackalacking. :smile:

@k80flec - Just FYI. (F-32)*0.556=C or if you're into fractions (F-32)*5/9=C. So -40 F is (-40-32)*.556= -72*0.556= surprisingly -40C.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    And for those of you who love math. F=(C/0.556)+32
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    3 Jan 10.6 miles
    4 Jan 9.8 miles

MTD 41.7 miles
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

Adding 11 miles for 30 out of 175.
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    3 Jan 3.89 miles

exercise.png

MTD 16.65

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,935 Member
    Options
    The cold weather has even made it to Florida now. Not like you people up north, but it was 32F (0C) in Orlando this morning while I was waiting for the Disney 5k. There was actual ice - not normal for Florida at all. In spite of the cold, I had a really fun run to start off the Dopey Challenge. I'm really glad I bought throw away sweaters at the 2nd hand store! I'm at 6/75. It's supposed to be just as cold for the 10k tomorrrow.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,360 Member
    Options

Adding 11 miles for 30 out of 175.

Wait...a...minute...I'm barely into my first cup of coffee this morning and you're done for today?? And in the snow? And in some nasty, cold temperature California never sees? B) AND...and today is my rest day!!! EGADS!!!! Okay, NICE JOB! I'll be chasin' you tomorrow. ;)

Chris
This discussion has been closed.