January 2018 Move Your @$$ Challenge

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Adding 3.66 for a run/ walk yesterday and 8.64 for 30 minutes on the bike trainer today.

exercise.png

ETA: hope the ticker fixes itself. Should read 16.3
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    @Janet - Way to go! Let us know how Sunday goes.
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I know people make poor decisions when they are emotional and there isn't much more emotional than losing a pet. However, when I tell you we are out of options, don't ask me what else we can do. If I knew of something else we could do, I would have told you. Also, don't let your dog seizure for an hour at home and then expect me to fix the problem in five minutes. If your going to do that, I'm going to channel Star Wars on you. "This is not the doctor you're looking for."
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Also, don't call the pet psychic and then tell me I'm wrong because your pet psychic in California talked to the pet on the phone and said it was a different problem. If you are going to trust her to diagnose your dog, then have her treat the dog as well.

Now you guys know the kind of night I'm having. :frowning::angry:
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,408 Member
    Options
    Oh Dean, I am so sorry that you have to deal with things like this. I have owned 10 dogs and taken care of three others that were my siblings. I loved all of them with some much more than others. I have made the mistake of keeping them too long and not ending their life when I should have. And I have let many go when I wish there was more than I could do. In all that time, I live in amazement as to how much can be done for them in this day and age if one is able to pay. Sadly, there comes a point when nothing more can be done. People say and do crazy things when it comes to their fur family. I guess it is that unconditional love we receive from them no matter what is going on in our life. I personally apologize for those people who go beyond crazy and those who are irresponsible. For each of those, you know there are so many more that truly appreciate your efforts to save their lives. So thank you for doing what you do each and every day for our fur babies. As for me, I just keep loving my two and embrace the time they have with me. I know it is short and I will be making those painful decisions in the not to near future. I pray that God will give me the wisdom to see that it is the right thing to do.
    Wishing you a much better day. Hugs to you my friend. <3
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

@JANET - I hope your marathon went well for you today and the temps were more enjoyable!!

@DEAN - Oh wow....yeah, that's a difficult situation, but people actually call pet psychics???? :worried:

Dave
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    @Dave - thanks for updating. I just logged into do it but given I ran 26 miles and drank a beer I wasn't sure I should be trusted!

The marathon is done and that concludes my 5th Dopey Challenge. I have some fun friends I run with (well that I meet at the start and end because they are faster than I am) which adds a lot to the experience. I'm so thankful for them and for being able to run 48.6 miles! That puts me at 54/75. I'll be taking a couple days off from running.

@Dean - I am so sorry you have to deal with that stuff. A pet psychic? Thank you for taking care of our animals at all hours of the day and night and helping us in our darkest times.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    @dean Sorry your night sucked. At least those animals had you.

Adding 1 mile. Also tried a TRX Yoga class today that I enjoyed.

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,851 Member
    Options
    1/07
    21.03 miles
    150.06 miles MTD
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    6 Jan 4.72 miles

exercise.png

MTD 31.78

• willnevergiveup
    willnevergiveup Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Goal 250 miles

1/1 13.5 miles
    1/2 16.2 miles
    1/3 13.5 miles
    1/4 13 miles
    1/5 14 miles
    1/6 15 miles
    1/7 16.6 miles
    Total to date: 101.8 miles
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add the best moment of the marathon was just as the finish line came in sight I spotted Jeff Galloway standing on the course. I had just enough wits about me to recognize him and go get a hug. I got all teary thanking him and telling him that without him I would never have run a marathon. It was the highlight of the race!
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    @Dean I am just amazed, pet psychic? I have maximum respect for you and thank you for all you do for our fur babys. Namaste

Goal: 250.0 miles

01/01 - 02.0 miles rest day walk
    01/02 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/03 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/04 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/05 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/06 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer
    01/07 - 23.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 140.0 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Dean, I truly am thankful for animal doctors who care, are honest, not out to rip you off & still LOVE their job! I feel you are one those good guys & I thank you for it!
    @Janet, Way to go lady!!! That is awesome & yes you deserved that beer!!!
    @kar328, please explain TRX YOGA??? I should but I just don't get into yoga. If they did 15 minute classes I may enjoy it! LOL

Our weather these past two days have been 40 ABOVE zero and soooo much more enjoyable!

Got in 10 from ex bike & 2.5 from the treadmill.

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,436 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    So sorry you have to deal with folks like that, Dean. I hope your week is better.

01/06 - 7.23 miles
    01/07 - 6.79 miles

exercise.png

DDD is back to teaching first grade tomorrow, so we get our grandbaby and grandpuppy for the day!!

Hope everyone has a great week.

Chris
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    12 miles on the bike trainer today.

exercise.png

• micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    1/1- walked 3.44 miles
    1/2- walked 4.61 miles
    1/3- walked 4.26 miles
    1/4- walked 3.59 miles
    1/5- walked 1.07 miles
    1/6- walked 1.00 miles
    1/7- walked 4.14 miles
    22.11/ 85 total miles

[/quote]

• Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    @JTH11706 - Awesome job on your Dopey and meeting/hugging Jeff Galloway!!!

Goal for January - 175
    1/1 - 7 miles
    1/2 - 6 miles
    1/3 - 5 miles
    1/5 - 9 miles
    1/6 - 5 miles
    1/7 - 10 miles

42/175

This discussion has been closed.