Leslie Sansone January 2018 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited January 2018 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

It is January, 2018, and time to start a new monthly challenge! The very first one for 2018! So lets make January an extraordinarily awesome month while we enjoy the beginning of a brand new year, with so many possibilities and hope for a brand new start of a healthy year ahead for us all!

Crisp and cold and even snowy weather is definitely here for many of us depending where we live. Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors. Walking outdoors can still be an important part of fitness walking this month, when possible, for those who enjoy walking some miles or minutes walking in the snow or whatever the weather might be outside.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So, if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into the first month of 2018! Can you believe it :o . It is like we blinked and 2017 is gone and January is right there awaiting the turn of the calendar page... into a whole new year with new beginnings and possibilities!!

Let us start 2018 walking strong, and with the determination that this will be our best year yet!

Blessings,
texasgardnr

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Goal is to do at least 50 Leslie miles
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!

I'm a bit torn on how to start the new year off. Do I start with the Walk at Home Challenge that biggins today or with my new DVD's I got for Christmas? With all the new stuff coming I'm bound to get some mileage this month. January 2017 I got just under 70 miles.

Walk at Home released a new 6 week, 5 days a week challenge with Nick on YouTube. He'll be giving us weekly assignments for the next 6 weeks. It doesn't look like there is a set "walk" to do each day but instead just a daily mileage goal. It looks like this:

Monday - Jan. 1 - WALK - 2 Miles or 4,000 Steps or 30 Minutes
    Tuesday - Jan. 2 - WALK - 1 Mile or 2,000 Steps or 15 Minutes
    Wednesday - Jan. 3 - WALK - 3 Miles or 6,000 Steps or 45 Minutes
    Thursday - Jan. 4 - WALK - 2 Miles or 4,000 Steps or 30 Minutes
    Friday - Jan. 5 - WALK - 3 Miles or 6,000 Steps or 45 Minutes

I also noticed the there is a new 1 Mile YouTube posting with Nick leading.

January 2018 Goal : 70 Miles.
  • laurenisfitforlife
    laurenisfitforlife Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My January goal is to do 60 miles. I’ll be using mostly Leslie, but I hope to get outside on days it’s not too cold. Happy New Year!
  • laurenisfitforlife
    Options
    Also, do I post my total mileage on a weekly basis or just wait and post at end of month. Not sure it matters, but I just wanted to check!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I received a new tracker for Christmas. I am going to post daily steps and any walks I may take. After walking the grandpup my legs are hurting again. UGH. Golf season is only a few months away and I really need to get these legs better...if that is possible. I have managed to build muscle with yoga but the neuropathy pain from my back surgeries is not improving.
    So onward we shall go.

• Deeder522
    Options
    Also, do I post my total mileage on a weekly basis or just wait and post at end of month. Not sure it matters, but I just wanted to check!

It's completely up to you. Some of us post daily and others weekly and then a few of us just pop in throughout the month. Whatever works best for you.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I'm in. I received a new tracker for Christmas. I am going to post daily steps and any walks I may take. After walking the grandpup my legs are hurting again. UGH. Golf season is only a few months away and I really need to get these legs better...if that is possible. I have managed to build muscle with yoga but the neuropathy pain from my back surgeries is not improving.
    So onward we shall go.

My husband has been dealing with pain in the back and ribs. He got a foam roller for Christmas and he's used it every day. Wonder if it would help you at all.
    What type of tracker did you get?

• laurenisfitforlife
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »

It's completely up to you. Some of us post daily and others weekly and then a few of us just pop in throughout the month. Whatever works best for you.

Ok, good to know. I feel like daily posting might keep me more accountable. So with that, 2 mile - walk away the pounds done.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    So onward we shall go.

My husband has been dealing with pain in the back and ribs. He got a foam roller for Christmas and he's used it every day. Wonder if it would help you at all.

I received a HPlus watch. A much cheaper tracker but with a band that should never fall off. My husband offered to buy me a new Fitbit but since the other and the Garmin fell off I told him not to waste money. This one counts my steps and tells time. I do not need much else. It claims to track my pulse and BP but I am not sure how accurate it would be.

I also received a hook, which is a selfie massager. It is for trigger points and it has already helped my shoulders but because my pain is from nerve damage it advises not to use on my sciatic nerve. I may try foam rolling in the future.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    So onward we shall go.

I received a HPlus watch. A much cheaper tracker but with a band that should never fall off. My husband offered to buy me a new Fitbit but since the other and the Garmin fell off I told him not to waste money. This one counts my steps and tells time. I do not need much else. It claims to track my pulse and BP but I am not sure how accurate it would be.

I also received a hook, which is a selfie massager. It is for trigger points and it has already helped my shoulders but because my pain is from nerve damage it advises not to use on my sciatic nerve. I may try foam rolling in the future.

My Husband also has nerve damage but in the rib which carries around to the back. 1 doctor suggested doing pilates to help strengthen his core muscle. We haven't had much luck with prescription drugs to help dull the pain.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    1/1. 11057 steps
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!

I'm a bit torn on how to start the new year off. Do I start with the Walk at Home Challenge that biggins today or with my new DVD's I got for Christmas? With all the new stuff coming I'm bound to get some mileage this month. January 2017 I got just under 70 miles.

Walk at Home released a new 6 week, 5 days a week challenge with Nick on YouTube. He'll be giving us weekly assignments for the next 6 weeks. It doesn't look like there is a set "walk" to do each day but instead just a daily mileage goal. It looks like this:

Monday - Jan. 1 - WALK - 2 Miles or 4,000 Steps or 30 Minutes
    Tuesday - Jan. 2 - WALK - 1 Mile or 2,000 Steps or 15 Minutes
    Wednesday - Jan. 3 - WALK - 3 Miles or 6,000 Steps or 45 Minutes
    Thursday - Jan. 4 - WALK - 2 Miles or 4,000 Steps or 30 Minutes
    Friday - Jan. 5 - WALK - 3 Miles or 6,000 Steps or 45 Minutes

I also noticed the there is a new 1 Mile YouTube posting with Nick leading.

January 2018 Goal : 70 Miles.

I am doing the 6-week Walk at Home challenge. If anyone is interested, here is the 1-mile walk that Nick leads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBAjNQODSVo

I did it yesterday and really liked it. :)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    I am setting a goal of at least 30 miles in January.

January 1: 1-mile Nick walk, 2-mile walk (3 total)

Total: 3 miles
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Did 1 mile with Nick. and another mile with Jessica Smith. Looks like I'll hit all my rings on my watch today. :)
  • laurenisfitforlife
    Options
    2 miles - walk away the pounds
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    I am setting a goal of at least 30 miles in January.

January 1: 1-mile Nick walk, 2-mile walk (3 total)
    January 2: 20 min. Tone Every Zone Upper Body, 20 min. Lower Body (counted as 1 mile)

Total: 4 miles
  • texasgardnr
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Deeder522 and @RisingAboveIt, thank you for posting the information about the challenge on YouTube. I shall have to take a look at that.

January 2nd: 3 miles - Slim & Sleek Walk, and extra stretching including Walk Blasters' Flexibility Walk.

Looks like a great start to our January Walk Challenge, as well as 2018!! Well done everyone!!

• texasgardnr
    Options
    January 3rd: 3 miles - Fast & Sweaty Mile & Super Fast Mile from 3 Fast & Fun Miles. 1 mile with Nick.

I really enjoyed Nick's Walk. There was also a very short strength segment with the Miracle Mile blue band, as well as a review of steps for anyone new to the walks, on the "New Year's Walk Challenge 2018" video.

• laurenisfitforlife
    Options
    Jan 3: 3 miles - walk away the pounds :D
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    January 3: 1 Mile with Nick
    Total: 5 miles