OMAD-induced crashes

Hello, all! I'm new to this. This is only my 6th day of IF (aiming for 18:6 and achieving it easily) and the past two days I've been OMAD. I really liked the freedom of only eating once per day. I used to love binging so being able to eat that much food all at once was pretty fantastic. Even though I must say, I'm not able to eat as much as I used to already. So crazy. Anyway, my issue with my two OMAD days is that within 30-45 minutes of finishing my meal, I was passed out on the couch. Food coma. I'm doing low carb, so I know it's not a carb coma, which I would expect. I think it's just a flat-out big meal coma. My meals have been around 1100-1300 calories both days, so big but not exceeding my calorie limits. Please tell me that these crashes stop after a while. I love OMAD but I don't love feeling narcoleptic after my meal.

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I used to get a lot of those but don't so much now so I would say it does pass, at least somewhat.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Great, thank you!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    I think it could be just part of adaptation as Bob, suggested. What time of day are you having your meal?
  • pitbullmamaliz
    Evening. 5 or 6pm.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Same time I eat, by 8 pm I'm often nodding off. I just started going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. Actually really improves my daily productivity.
  • blambo61
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Same time I eat, by 8 pm I'm often nodding off. I just started going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. Actually really improves my daily productivity.

Same here. I actually looked at it as a positive thing because I slept much better.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    I eat at that time too and its only when I eat a lot of carbs that I will be sleepy.
  • blambo61
    I do believe carbs are the culprit for sure!
  • pitbullmamaliz
    Carbs weren't the culprit - last night I only had 33. Night before was 88 I think. Didn't crash today, but also didn't sit down and give myself a chance to. Hopefully it's just a matter of getting used to it. I don't like sleeping on a full tummy!
  • blambo61
    I think the body is ready to do some digestion. I had this tonight earlier but I also didn't get enough sleep last night and did a hard run. After eating, I wanted to nod but fought it off. I did have some carbs but it could be independent of that too looks like. I feel fine now.