Sharing food diary

aprilchu
aprilchu Posts: 9 Member
Hi guys, this is new for me so if anyone has more experience please feel free to comment. My thought with this group was a chance to get ideas for our high protein meals. I am fine with sharing my diary and hope you all know I am by no means perfect and not setting myself as a role model just someone willing to share the journey.

I found the following information about setting to public or friends only and it looks to me like we would need to be "friends" to see each others information. Seems like a lot of trouble so if anyone has any other information please share. In the meantime here is the information to set to public if you are in:

To allow others to view a diary, they must adjust the Diary Sharing settings.

On the Web​
Click “My Home” then “Settings” then “Diary settings”.

In the Android, iPad and iPhone apps
In the Menu (or “More” page) tap “Settings” then “Sharing & Privacy” then “Diary Sharing.”

Select your preference from “Public,” “Friends Only”, or “Locked with a key” and save your changes.

At the end of the day, when you have finished logging your diary, select “Complete This Entry.” This will create a convenient “View Diary” link on your friends’ news feed, if this option has not been changed in your News Feed Privacy settings.

​Friends can also visit your profile page at any time and select “View Diary.” To visit a friend’s profile:

On the Web​
Click “My Home” then “Friends” then click on a friend in the list. Or, enter a profile’s URL directly in your browser’s address bar: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/<INSERT_USERNAME_HERE&gt;

On iOS
Tap the “Friends” page, and select your friend from the list.

Replies