Quick! Need a sub for a deadlift

Options
Ok, so tomorrow I won't have access to the gym at work, so I'm going to attempt to do the program at the "fitness center" in my apartment complex. It's a sorry facility, it really is, but I don't have a gym membership right now. Anyway, they have a four-sided cable machine, no free weights, no dumbbells. Does anyone know of any exercises that I can do on that machine that could target the same areas as a deadlift? I know there really isn't a worthy substitute, but I really don't want to get off schedule either.

TIA!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I dont' have anything. There really isn't a good singular substitute as it is a full body move. Can you post a picture of the type if machine you're working with so that I can help come up with a solution. For example, if you're working with a 2 stack machine like this:

dual-cable-machine.jpg?1246359543

you put the pullys all the way at the bottom and can use a bar that clamps on either end and stand evenly between the towers to do a deadlift:

If you're working with a machine like this:

single%20cable.jpg?1246359802

you can't moved the pully, so I don't have a solution.

one like this:

ss_101664397_L_w.jpg

you can use a long bar and clamp in the center and stand as close to the machine as possible.

If you have any of these workable options, be very careful as they are not the best case scenerio and the bar can become unbalanced.
  • missimplicity
    missimplicity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I'll have to go give the machine a real good look when I get home and take a picture. One of your pics didn't load (I'm at work so no surprise there).