2018 is finally here

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
To ring in my new year I have accepted a new job within my company. It’s a pretty lateral move so no raise to money but hopefully a lot less stress. I have been with the company for 8 years now I don’t really want to start out someplace new.

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    congratulations! I understand about needing a new change - I took a new position in my company back in the summer. It too was a lateral move. The bad part was that it required I move, but because it was a lateral move, the company would not pay relocation.

Anyway, I hope you find less stress and more opportunities in line with your future aspirations!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Sometimes moving is worth it, if I didn’t have so much tied into the city I live in I would move and leave it all behind. Maybe when my youngest goes off to college!!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new position; less stress is an excellent reason to make a change.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Hi jltheis nice to see you :)
    And thanks it was a needed change
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Took my son to see Thor Ragnarok tonight, had a small popcorn and a lemonade, really weird to not have the big popcorn and the large soda, at least my bladder was happy at the end.

Starting my new job is coming at least one week too late, our staff schedule is going for bad to worse because another staff quit, and I’m the one who has to make the schedule work... yikes!! Soon it won’t be my problem.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy today - I finally, finally broke the 100 lb loss barrier! And that means I can now wear my new earrings and sapphire ring I bought myself to celebrate 100 lbs off :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I'm very happy today - I finally, finally broke the 100 lb loss barrier! And that means I can now wear my new earrings and sapphire ring I bought myself to celebrate 100 lbs off :)

Amazing job!!! Enjoy your rewards
  • jltheis7
    Options

Congrats! Way to celebrate your success!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Tomorrow i meet with a surgeon to see if I am able to go for hand surgery, they do not put you asleep for it, so hopefully my weight won’t be too much of an issue. I really need a fix, but I am so scared of a mistake and not being able to use my hands right after .
  • jltheis7
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Tomorrow i meet with a surgeon to see if I am able to go for hand surgery, they do not put you asleep for it, so hopefully my weight won’t be too much of an issue. I really need a fix, but I am so scared of a mistake and not being able to use my hands right after .

How did the appointment go? will you have surgery?

We've had 2 snow days (I'm a teacher) and I have had lots of thinking time. What will I accomplish in 2018?

• HLaR79
    edited January 2018
    Options
    jltheis7 wrote: »
    HLaR79 wrote: »

How did the appointment go? will you have surgery?

We've had 2 snow days (I'm a teacher) and I have had lots of thinking time. What will I accomplish in 2018?

Yes they don’t put you to sleep for the surgery so the weight won’t be an issue, it is just local anaesthetic, it makes me sick to think of it because I have needle anxiety but I also hate the pain I am in. The surgery is the first week of April for my first hand and then 3 or 4 months later for the second hand.

Sometimes a snow day is nice, but I imagine when the kids get back to school and they have extra energy!!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I cooked and ate fish on purpose today!!! :s:'(

I do not like fish I don’t like how it smells or tastes but it’s a healthy protein and I need to get more of those.
  • HLaR79
    edited January 2018
    Options
    January is wrapping up today. Hopefully February will be nicer to us weather wise. I plan to work hard in my new job and to find a way to get more physical activity into my life.

In the points challenge with January I will have gotten myself 100 dollars in gift cards (25 each month I meet my goals) for the mix master I want.... maybe this will be the year I will finally get it. I do want the 350 (ish) dollar one so I will have to work hard every month.