fave zero carb alcoholic drinks?

tmoneyag99
tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
I'm supposed to meet a coworker out for drinks tomorrow night.

Anyone have any suggestions other than vodka and water with lime?

Note: I have completely eliminated caffeine and sugar and sweeteners out of my diet (for my own reasons) so this one is tricky. I am 1.5 weeks caffeine and sweetener free and I feel flipping awesome!

Replies

• youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I love White rum with flavoured sparkling water.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Bourbon, usually on the rocks. I intend to try scotch, to complete my conversion to becoming a complete Ron Swanson parody, but I haven't yet.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Just remember to get extra electrolytes/fluids between drinks. Being keto makes you a lighter weight drinker than in your previous life! Enjoy.

Most "hard" liquors are 0 carb...

Seltzer water and club soda are generally carb free... It's tonic water that is high in carbs (though you can get "diet" tonic water, but that would defeat the sweetener free bit above)...
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    I usually drink vodka and soda water with a lime. You could swap out the vodka for gin. If you can find someone who carries diet tonic you can get a gin and tonic. Diet soda as a mixer will work if you are not sensitive to the artificial sweeteners (I can't do Aspartame anymore).

Here is a short list: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/low-carb-alcohol-top-10-drinks
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I like tequila and club soda with lime in a salted glass.