Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Daily Calorie Amount.

DawnCumm
DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
I just got released to pureed food and have started to itemize my food quantities in MFP. Of course I will be low right now due to my recent surgery but it got me to wondering what is normal for most people. I read from one doctor online that they suggest 800 to 1000 calories p/day, depending upon the person. I assume that may change depending upon your level of exercise. Just figured I should adjust my MPF food calorie count over time. What is normal for you?

Replies

• Samquentin
    Samquentin Posts: 109 Member
    I only count protein. My goal is to get 60-80 (more on the upper number).
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    I was under 1000 the whole time I was losing. Usually closer to 800.
  • MoyMG
    MoyMG Posts: 312 Member
    Post-surgery, my doctor also had me only watch protein. I was to get a minimum of 63 grams per day. I'm now five years post-op, still losing slowly, and my daily guidelines are: 1100 - 1400 cal, 63 - 90 gms protein, 60 - 100 gms carbs, rest fats, make sure I have B vitamins, calcium, and iron covered between my food and my pills. Oh, and water, 85 ounces.

Post-surgery, I ate about 800 cal per day, during my Golden Year (first year post-op.) Good luck!
  • DawnCumm
    Thanks all, something for me to look forward to as I evolve into a more mature post op period. : )
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    I haven't counted calories in a few years. I just try to limit my processed foods. If I had to guess I probably eat anywhere from 2,500-4,000 calories a day depending on my appetite. I usually eat more the more I exercise. I honestly think that most people (including bariatrics) can eat 1500-2500 a day if they eat more whole foods and exercise moderately.
  • DawnCumm
    Good point, I am looking at a more plant based/clean eating regimen. That might require more calories in the long run.