Jan 8 Weekly Challenge: Your Best Tips

Options
2»

Replies

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I am getting some great tips here! I think portion control & movement is key. I, too, am short with a tall husband... I need to remember that I dont need as much fuel, lol.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Plus I like the list of tips from pr girl.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @Ming1951 glad you are back at it. New start! Also kudos for realizing what you need to work on. How about those portion control containers? I do not know where you are but I have seen at Ross, TJ Maxx the Perfect Portion pack. That could help you a lot. Meal prep containers of just a container with divisions.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Great point @lindatcross1949. I went to counseling to help with my mental state and it was the best thing I have ever done in this process.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Great point! This is not a one size fits all. Happy weekend!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This has been a great weekly challenge! I knew we’d have a lot of great tips and ideas to share.

Before we close the week and begin a new challenge this Monday, I have a request. Do you have suggestions for future “Sharing Your Wisdom” questions we might address? If you are just starting your healthy journey or are new to My Fitness Pal, what questions do you have or guidance you might need? And if you’ve been here for awhile, what common themes or stumbling blocks do you see on your newsfeed or on the community forums that we might address through a weekly question to this group?

I have a few ideas in mind, but your input is very much appreciated. I can’t guarantee we can cover every suggestion, but I will do my best. I think fairly general questions work best, since more people will have something to say.

Suggestions can be made on this thread, in our Suggestion Box or by messaging me.

Thanks for giving this some thought!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Have picked up so many tips from this thank you everyone! For me mfp has become a way of life, i am a creature of habit lol,I log every single thing by habit, I love routine so automatically do an exercise routine first thing in the morning and am now getting into the habit of walking in the evening before dinner, movement is the key to weight loss and feeling fitter for me, thank you Denise and everyone!!! Great start to the New year!!!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Have picked up so many tips from this thank you everyone! For me mfp has become a way of life, i am a creature of habit lol,I log every single thing by habit, I love routine so automatically do an exercise routine first thing in the morning and am now getting into the habit of walking in the evening before dinner, movement is the key to weight loss and feeling fitter for me, thank you Denise and everyone!!! Great start to the New year!!!

This is great, @fatbambi2017. We ARE our habits. Creating a set of healthy habits that works for you is life changing. I think 2018 is going to be a great year for you!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    We are all unique, even on our journey and learning from one another has been key for me. Putting into practice what I have learned and keeping what works. Self love is very important and I also have learned the hard way not to be so judgmental with others. Kindness has been shown to me so I take the time to be kind and supportive of others.