Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 162.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155
    Weigh-in #1: 163.2

I have absolutely no idea why I'm up. I've been honest in my logging and ate at a deficit. I have upped my workouts again so maybe it's just water in my sore muscles. *shrug*

A positive thought I had this week was: We go on vacation at the end of the month and I tried on my bikini (first one since I was 15!) and actually thought I looked good. Hubby did too. :wink:
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I tend to eat pretty healthy but I grabbed a LaCroix instead of a Coke.
    My most effective workout this week was: My floor routine has really pushed me this week. (my floor routine is basically level one of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred amped up)

Y'all, if you skipped over it I BOUGHT A BIKINI and plan on wearing it in three weeks! I'm completely unable to put a picture on here but it's a pretty modest bikini from swimsuits for all. I still struggle with the fact that I'm a size 12 and not a 20 any longer. Do I still have lumps, bumps and stretch marks? Yes, but dang it life is too short to not enjoy wearing a bikini when you feel this good. :smile:

LOL! Every since I became a mother I can't wear bikinis or thongs :o ..I know, something is wrong with me. HA! I applaud you for the confidence in your purchase. I feel like with age there comes this downward spiral of dressing my body. I have always been a coverup person....buying clothes a size too big...wearing something to cover my arms. I probably will always be this way though. I finally bought jeans that fit about 3 years ago---that was a start for me :#

You have accomplished so much in going down that many sizes. Continue to feel good about who you are!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 110
    Challenge Goal Weight: Maintenance goal range of 108-113.

Weigh-in #1: 110.2 (109.6 trending)

I have a lot going on in my personal life right now. Starting marriage counseling tomorrow actually ... I am trying not to let everything derail me though.

I got in a great workout last night - 20min on treadmill to warm up, then it was abs & booty day.

I am looking forward to next month when my shoulder should be healed enough to start doing upper body exercises again.

I think it is great you guys are reaching out for help when you recognize it is needed. I wish you nothing but the best today in your session. They say try and remember why you got together in the first place (it's not always that easy). I say, listen to one other and follow through with changes that are necessary. Sending <3 !
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    mebelfanti wrote: »
    Start Weight: 220.0
    Challenge Goal Weight: 196
    Weigh-in #1: 218.4
    Loss: -1.6

A positive thought I had this week was: Even though my weight is still up from vacation I'm staying pretty positive and not beating myself up over it.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I've been eating a lot of salads with grilled chicken at home
    My most effective workout this week was: A few strength training sessions with my trainer

Comments: Pretty happy with this loss considering I'm still not quite back into my routine. It's been so hard to get up and to the gym when it's so cold so my goal is to work on that this week.

Yay! You loss..woo hoo!
    What do you put in your grilled chicken salad...I think mine is bland--spinach leaves and chicken :| ...what can I add to make it DELICIOUS?
  • sxb317
    sxb317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Start Weight:143.6
    Challenge Goal Weight:135
    Weigh-in #1:142.2

A positive thought I had this week was: Despite going on a weekend trip and eating out every meal, I was able to stay disciplined and maintain a slight calorie deficit
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Microwave a sweet potato and mash with some spices for a quick side dish.
    My most effective workout this week was: Orange Theory fitness ESP workout
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    ]
    sxb317 wrote: »
    Start Weight:143.6
    Challenge Goal Weight:135
    Weigh-in #1:142.2

A positive thought I had this week was: Despite going on a weekend trip and eating out every meal, I was able to stay disciplined and maintain a slight calorie deficit
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Microwave a sweet potato and mash with some spices for a quick side dish.
    My most effective workout this week was: Orange Theory fitness ESP workout

You do OT!!!!!! I’m so jealous! I have researched them to the fullest and I did a free session. Oh how I wish I had a membership!!!!
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 196.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 175
    Weigh-in #1: 194.2

A positive thought I had this week was: Even though I don't always make the best choices, I am still making positive progress.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Green apple with peanut butter
    My most effective workout this week was: Running while pushing my toddler in the jogging stroller - way more of a workout than just running by myself!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 196.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 175
    Weigh-in #1: 194.2

A positive thought I had this week was: Even though I don't always make the best choices, I am still making positive progress.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Green apple with peanut butter
    My most effective workout this week was: Running while pushing my toddler in the jogging stroller - way more of a workout than just running by myself!

Congrats on your loss! I totally agree with you. Way to get that workout in!
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Yay! You loss..woo hoo!
    What do you put in your grilled chicken salad...I think mine is bland--spinach leaves and chicken :| ...what can I add to make it DELICIOUS?

I add chopped bell pepper, raw mushrooms, red onion, shredded cheese, some croutons, and a pre made salad toppings mix, I think it's made by McCormicks. It has sesame seeds, bacon bits, and maybe some other seeds and nuts? Idk but it's really good! We also stock pile dressings so rotating through those keeps it interesting. My current fave is a champagne pear dressing from Trader Joe's, so so good.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    mebelfanti wrote: »

Yay! You loss..woo hoo!

I add chopped bell pepper, raw mushrooms, red onion, shredded cheese, some croutons, and a pre made salad toppings mix, I think it's made by McCormicks. It has sesame seeds, bacon bits, and maybe some other seeds and nuts? Idk but it's really good! We also stock pile dressings so rotating through those keeps it interesting. My current fave is a champagne pear dressing from Trader Joe's, so so good.

You have my mouth watering. Thank you so much. I’m going to cook my chicken later this week and send the other adult in my house to the store for these additives :blush: We’ve sort of “switched roles” on grocery shopping. I just can’t with two little people the same age. Ha!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 110
    Challenge Goal Weight: Maintenance goal range of 108-113.

Weigh-in #1: 110.2 (109.6 trending)

I have a lot going on in my personal life right now. Starting marriage counseling tomorrow actually ... I am trying not to let everything derail me though.

I got in a great workout last night - 20min on treadmill to warm up, then it was abs & booty day.

I am looking forward to next month when my shoulder should be healed enough to start doing upper body exercises again.

I hope you’re doing ok. Way to go with maintenance and logging in through all this.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Week 1

Start Weight: 134.0
    Challenge Goal Weight: 128.5
    Weigh-in #1: 134.6

A positive thought I had this week was: I am committed to this diet even though I went the wrong way this week.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Lots of salads, fish, chicken and lots of veggies!
    My most effective workout this week was: I was able to start riding my bike last week since my ortho-scopic knee surgery, that has been great!

Comments: I went back to work (High School Math Teacher) this week. I don't know why I gained weight, but I am trying to eat at just 250 calories under maintenance. This is hard, but I am sticking to this plan. I am hoping for a better week 2.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Good day!

Week 1

Start Weight: 161.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 149.4
    Weigh-in #1: 154.0

A positive thought I had this week was: it’s almost a year since I joined MFP and it’s amazing how I have recovered my health (and you can even say my life). I know weight should not define who we are, but when you are as overweight as I was it’s hard not to. I feel so much more confident now and I am looking forward reaching my goal weight this year.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: this week was about cutting off all the excess from the holidays ... and it definitively paid. I think the healthiest meal I had was grilled salmon with sautéed spinach and for snack almonds.

My most effective workout this week was: I did a barre video from daily burn; it was hard for me so it push me and I was sweating tons which I hardly do actually.

Wow! that is exactly how I feel. I started about 9 months ago and have lost 46 pounds. I finally feel like myself and not the fat Janine trying to lose weight.
  • shamac35153
    shamac35153 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Week 1
    Goal 166
  • pmaia
    pmaia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Start Weight: 157
    Challenge goal weight 147
    Current weight 155

Positive thought: small changes in my sleep, drinking water and logging help me feel better and have more energy.

Healthy snack and meal: I tried making some healthy juices with the magic bullet. They were good, but made me have too much gas. I did make stuffed shells with spinach, it was not that low calorie, but I measured and fit it into my calories.

My best workout was just doing the same ecliptic 30 min. more consistently.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm late on updating because I've been sick for the last week. Here are my numbers from earlier this week.

Starting Weight: 181.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 174
    Week 1# 183.8

Healthy Snack/Meal - I made chicken spinach burgers that were tasty!

Workout - No working out because I've been sick :(

Comments: I was proud of myself for not eating a bunch of junk food while I was sick, though I had cooked some items when I was feeling ok before I got sick this past week which helped. That and I don't keep junk food in apartment. I did indulge in some donuts yesterday because I was just dying for them. So I ate that. And it was satisfying.

I'm embarking on doing the Elimination Diet to see if I have any food sensitivities as in October/November I had some digesting issues. I eliminated most dairy and gluten last month, but I ate some here at there. I'm at a point where I just feel like I need to start with a clean slate. I did the elimination diet 5-6 years ago and didn't seem to come up with anything so I'm interesting to see if I have anything this time. I'm using The Elimination Diet book which I wish had existed when I first did it. I've already used several of the recipes and I'm excited to cook more from it.

I'm laying low this weekend to hopefully finish recovering and get better. I'm hoping I can get back to my personal training on Tuesday because I haven't worked out in several weeks.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    spdaphne wrote: »
    I'm late on updating because I've been sick for the last week. Here are my numbers from earlier this week.

Starting Weight: 181.4
    Challenge Goal Weight: 174
    Week 1# 183.8

Healthy Snack/Meal - I made chicken spinach burgers that were tasty!

Workout - No working out because I've been sick :(

Comments: I was proud of myself for not eating a bunch of junk food while I was sick, though I had cooked some items when I was feeling ok before I got sick this past week which helped. That and I don't keep junk food in apartment. I did indulge in some donuts yesterday because I was just dying for them. So I ate that. And it was satisfying.

I'm embarking on doing the Elimination Diet to see if I have any food sensitivities as in October/November I had some digesting issues. I eliminated most dairy and gluten last month, but I ate some here at there. I'm at a point where I just feel like I need to start with a clean slate. I did the elimination diet 5-6 years ago and didn't seem to come up with anything so I'm interesting to see if I have anything this time. I'm using The Elimination Diet book which I wish had existed when I first did it. I've already used several of the recipes and I'm excited to cook more from it.

I'm laying low this weekend to hopefully finish recovering and get better. I'm hoping I can get back to my personal training on Tuesday because I haven't worked out in several weeks.

Hope you have a speedy full recovery. Good for you for not dropping the ball. PLEASE PLEASE post your chicken spinach burger recipe :)
This discussion has been closed.