Winter 2018 - Week 2 Challenge - Feel Out Loud

Options
Mindset is our mental attitude towards life. Whether we believe it or not, we cannot control what happens to us but we CAN control how we respond to life’s events, circumstances and situations. In order to be successful in any area of our life it starts with what we are thinking. Every day isn’t a happy day, but every day can be a day with a positive outlook. This week let’s acknowledge how we feel by writing it down---first thing in the morning, during the day or before we go to bed at night--you choose.

Complete the statement below. You can post as often as you need to this week.

Today I feel / am feeling / felt: (one word)
I feel / am feeling / felt this way because

If your feelings resonate with someone else, please chime in.

***If your feelings are personal to you then jot them down in a journal, BUT I challenge each of you to share as this can be a sense or relief and/or you many find some like-mindedness in your emotions***

Replies

• cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Today I am feeling determined. Sometimes we choose our feelings and sometimes they choose us. Today with a positive outlook towards the next 11 weeks, I am choosing to be committed and determined to reach my goal. Everybody have a great week!
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Today I feel excited and like I can do this. I worked out both days this weekend and meal prepped yesterday. I am all set for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all week long so I am feeling pretty successful already going into this week.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Today I am feeling motivated! Last week is truly in the past. I have meal planned and have my gym bag ready in my car to go straight after work!
  • YAJ3507
    YAJ3507 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today I feel / am feeling / felt: tired but dedicated to change
    I feel / am feeling / felt this way because… I didn't get enough sleep but I am still acting towards positive change.
  • nvasquez41
    nvasquez41 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Today I am feeling better.
    I am feeling better compared to how crappy I've felt the last few days! I've had a terrible cough and sinus pressure and I've been completely drained and unmotivated. Hopefully I won't be so miserable today and will be fully recovered by tomorrow.
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Today I felt not in control.. couldn't exercise and didn't log my food.. I know I won't be able to reduce weight this week and probably gain back wht I lost because it's time of month and mostly it is like this.. :neutral:
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Today I feel excited and like I can do this. I worked out both days this weekend and meal prepped yesterday. I am all set for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all week long so I am feeling pretty successful already going into this week.

Nice! You are ALL SET! Congrats on making this happen....(where did you find the time to do this?, I'd love to be ahead like this)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Today I am feeling motivated! Last week is truly in the past. I have meal planned and have my gym bag ready in my car to go straight after work!

Gym bag in the car mean IT. WILL. HAPPEN. Way to set yourself up for success :)
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Today I am feeling: hopeful.
    I am feeling this way because: I took off 2.6 lbs and after pitching in a lot at work over the holidays, I have the week to attend to my needs first.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Today I felt not in control.. couldn't exercise and didn't log my food.. I know I won't be able to reduce weight this week and probably gain back wht I lost because it's time of month and mostly it is like this.. :neutral:

We never know what life will bring but ANYTHING is possible---remember that! Try and stay positive and tell yourself that although in the past you may not have been able to do it, this may be the one time that you actually do. If anything try and focus on maintaining instead of throwing your hands up and saying you will gain. You can do this Fatima! <3
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Megan91384 wrote: »
    Today I am feeling: content
    I am feeling this way because…I got a good nights sleep, which isn't always possible with 3 kids (10, 5 and 2). I got up at 4:35 AM to talk to my husband on his way to work, had time for a workout. Time for myself to get ready for the day and listen to music. Started a roast in the crock pot for supper for them later (I have something different planned for myself), took out trash, fed pony and did chores, and got 3 kids ready out the door and on the bus/to daycare and still at work by 7:45. Have my meals all logged and at goal for the day. I feel so much more relaxed when I don't feel rushed and have prepared for my day. And also, my coffee is tasting especially good today, haha. I think having my kids not fighting in the morning was so relaxing my body is still in shock! LOL

I know I've told you this before but I'll say it again. I thought I was a SUPERwoman but nope. YOU ARE! Great way to start off your day. You checked all the boxes Megan. I am drinking my coffee now and it's oh so especially delicious--that's because its nap time :) . Kudos for you for no fighting kids :p
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know I've told you this before but I'll say it again. I thought I was a SUPERwoman but nope. YOU ARE! Great way to start off your day. You checked all the boxes Megan. I am drinking my coffee now and it's oh so especially delicious--that's because its nap time :) . Kudos for you for no fighting kids :p

Thanks, Jessica :blush: I would love the no fighting thing to be common in 2018, but sadly i I doubt it. My 10 y/o daughter calls her little brother "my little bother" for a reason, lol. I struggle to find peaceful moments throughout my day so when I do have them, I always try to acknowledge them and make the most of them. :smile: Who knows when the next relaxing moment will come! ha!

• SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Megan91384 wrote: »

Thanks, Jessica :blush: I would love the no fighting thing to be common in 2018, but sadly i I doubt it. My 10 y/o daughter calls her little brother "my little bother" for a reason, lol. I struggle to find peaceful moments throughout my day so when I do have them, I always try to acknowledge them and make the most of them. :smile: Who knows when the next relaxing moment will come! ha!

You're welcome. That is so funny, well not on your end I'm sure. I haven't reached age 10 yet but when my chaps do something ridiculous I tend to ignore the bad behavior. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Hold on to that relaxing moment Meg :D
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Nice! You are ALL SET! Congrats on making this happen....(where did you find the time to do this?, I'd love to be ahead like this)

I honestly have no idea! Haha. Yesterday was like a whirlwind! Did all the laundry including sheets, gym, grocery shopping, took down Christmas tree (I was way behind on that), meal prep, and made dinner. I didn't sit much yesterday... The bottle of wine may have been fueling my movement. :smiley:
  • C_h_a_r_l_e_n_e
    C_h_a_r_l_e_n_e Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Angry

I feel this way because I had to weigh myself this morning, and yeah I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. I got the flu on Wednesday, and nothing screws with dieting more than a flu. How do I log stuff that comes up after I eat it? How do I log things that I am certain ripped through me so fast I can still questionably identify it in the toilet as a meal from a few hours ago. I was very frustrated. On top of that i started my period on the same day. I was so bloated I swear on Saturday I was animorphing into a water mattress. Is it water weight? Is it fat? Who knows. Normally...with no one to report in to I would have skipped this weigh in. And take the January 15th weigh-in for what it is. So yeah, angry sums it up. But I'm ready to kick butt for all of week 2.
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Today I am feeling: Satisfied
    I am feeling this way because: My eating may not have been on point but I wrote it down and got a LOT done today. Laundry, painted an interior door, meal planned, cleaned house and got my workout in.

Shelly

• SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Today I felt accomplished.
    I felt this way because I ate correctly, I worked out, I cleaned my house, I was able to take a nap, and I played with my children. What I need to work on is my attitude on days I cannot accomplish all these things. That’s the challenge.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    This first week back I feel I can control my weight loss; I can make it happen! Might not be easy, but I think I am on a similar mindset as last year when I joined MFP ... so if I did it once, I can do it again and I will!
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Today I feel:. Determined

I have a lot on my "To Do" list and I WILL get through it all.