Could you????

Options
jenbit
jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
So I've been seeing alot of these thread on another board that I participate in.It seems alot of adults are worried about being a virgin in their 20 and even their 30's and that no one will want to date them if they found out....

My question are
1. Could you date someone who is in your relative age group and was a virgin?
2.Would you rather know or not?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    1. Yes I'd date a virgin close to my age
    2. I'd rather know
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I'm sure most of you know that I'm a virgin...in fact I've never even kissed a guy before. I hope that no one would judge me on that. it just doesn't mean that you're weird or odd or unattractive.

I'm a college graduate with a steady job, have plenty of friends with an active social life. I've just never done it. (I'm not religious one iota by the way). I didn't go on a date until I was 21 and the guy was not someone I wanted to kiss, let alone have sex with him.

Maybe because I haven't had sex I've placed more emphasis on the first time, but I know that for my friends, their first time was with a guy they truly liked. None of my friends just went out and had sex for no reason. They waited for the right guy. And I'm the same way...I haven't met the right guy.

I'm waiting for a guy I really like. And I've never met a guy who I liked who liked me back in the same way. When that day comes, and we have the same amount of attraction to each other, I'm all in. Waiting, and being a virgin doesn't mean I'm weird, or awkward, or anything than just me. My virginity should not be a dealbreaker to anyone, and if it is, then they're the one with the problem.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    A few thoughts here:

- I don't want to date someone I can't have sex with. I guess it would depend on why they were a virgin. Waiting until marriage? That's great but probably not a good fit for me.
    - Is it for religious reasons? Nothing wrong with that, but the massive pentagram tattooed on my stomach might make for an interesting first time for her if so. Also we might not have a lot in common if religion was a #1 priority.
    - I would want to know. I'd also want to know why and why she has decided to make a change. I would make a HUGE effort to make the first time really special.

No judgement either way. I'd probably find it really interesting. I like people that have something that sets them apart. I also find it admirable when people have a belief of their own and stick to it for their own reasons.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I would make a HUGE effort to make the first time really special.

That made me well up!! Awwwww - you're a proper gent Chris. No woman could ask for more xx
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I think I'd have a problem with it at my age. A 40odd virgin male would probably not gel with my character at all, so I doubt there would be an attraction. On saying that, if he had been in a coma for 25 years then perhaps I'd pop his cherry for him!!! :laugh:

kiddin :wink:

But seriously, I dont have a problem with it. I've slept with a virgin before! Someone has to be the first, right?

Not sure if I'd want, or need to know. My first love didnt tell me till 5 years later! Bless him :heart:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    A few thoughts here:

- I don't want to date someone I can't have sex with. I guess it would depend on why they were a virgin. Waiting until marriage? That's great but probably not a good fit for me.
    - Is it for religious reasons? Nothing wrong with that, but the massive pentagram tattooed on my stomach might make for an interesting first time for her if so. Also we might not have a lot in common if religion was a #1 priority.
    - I would want to know. I'd also want to know why and why she has decided to make a change. I would make a HUGE effort to make the first time really special.

No judgement either way. I'd probably find it really interesting. I like people that have something that sets them apart. I also find it admirable when people have a belief of their own and stick to it for their own reasons.

I agree - I work with a girl who is waiting for marriage and her bf was very supporting of it. They did a lot of other things, and I give her props for being in the moment and not caving to her own pressure (she says her bf never pressures her)

I'd have no issues with it, but I'd probably want to know why they were a virgin and why, with me, they decided to change that.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I'm sure most of you know that I'm a virgin...in fact I've never even kissed a guy before. I hope that no one would judge me on that. it just doesn't mean that you're weird or odd or unattractive.

I'm a college graduate with a steady job, have plenty of friends with an active social life. I've just never done it. (I'm not religious one iota by the way). I didn't go on a date until I was 21 and the guy was not someone I wanted to kiss, let alone have sex with him.

Maybe because I haven't had sex I've placed more emphasis on the first time, but I know that for my friends, their first time was with a guy they truly liked. None of my friends just went out and had sex for no reason. They waited for the right guy. And I'm the same way...I haven't met the right guy.

I'm waiting for a guy I really like. And I've never met a guy who I liked who liked me back in the same way. When that day comes, and we have the same amount of attraction to each other, I'm all in. Waiting, and being a virgin doesn't mean I'm weird, or awkward, or anything than just me. My virginity should not be a dealbreaker to anyone, and if it is, then they're the one with the problem.

You dont have to justify your status Christine.......lol

You didnt answer the questions: would YOU sleep with a virgin and would you want to know?? Or would you prefer someone more experienced for your first time?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I would date them and I would want to know.

I would also be willing to wait a bit before making any moves and try to romance her as much as possible. In fact, I would possibly wait until she brought it up and said she was ready. Being someone's first would be a huge responsibility, so I would try to make it as amazing and seamless for her as possible so even if we didnt work out long term, she would always carry a fond memory of it,

However, how long I am willing to wait depends upon the girl and how into her I am. It also depends on how sexually compatible we are (I am sure sex would be discussed at some point.).
  • christine24t
    Options

You dont have to justify your status Christine.......lol

You didnt answer the questions: would YOU sleep with a virgin and would you want to know?? Or would you prefer someone more experienced for your first time?

Thanks Anna! See it is funny, I feel like I have to justify it to others. I don't think it's weird but others do.

Would I sleep with a virgin? Yes, it would actually be preferred. I am soooo scared of STDs. If a guy wasn't a virgin he'd be getting a STD check before we did the deed. So yes I would have to know!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Noooo.........
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned earlier... that depends on why they are still a virgin. I respect the decision to wait, but most reasons that I can think of would be incompatible with my personality.

That said, I have dated guys who were relatively inexperienced. With three that I know of, I was the 2nd girl they'd been with, having lost 'it' within a year before I met them. Sometimes those can be the best because they are eager to please and make up for lost time. :happy: :tongue: :blushing:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Maybe its because I lost mine around 11 that makes me not care but seriously, couldn't care less. The only person I ever loved was a virgin and she told me before hand (we were both 19 at the time)
  • christine24t
    Options
    Maybe its because I lost mine around 11 that makes me not care but seriously, couldn't care less. The only person I ever loved was a virgin and she told me before hand (we were both 19 at the time)

I was still playing with Barbies I feel like. Haha
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options

Nothin' wrong with that, Christine...same sort of deal here, except I'm a guy waiting for the right girl. It really doesn't bother me that much. The thing that bothers me more is that I still haven't had a true girlfriend yet. Just haven't found someone. But here's the thing...I'm not getting any younger, and I don't want to waste my life. I want to find her soon! Gettin' to the point where I'll start thinking seriously about online dating sites to find women to go on dates with...I just don't meet enough eligible ladies by chance in real life.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I am 42. I really don't consider any woman under 30 as an option. Really anyone under 35 for that matter. When I was 24 I dated a gal who was 31 and a virgin. Based on that experience, I'd be really hesitant to do it again. I probably wouldn't give another lady the benefit of the doubt.

Yes I'd want to know.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would prefer not to, but yes I could and yes I'd want to know. No judgement but their reasoning would probably be key to understanding compatibility.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    No. sex is a natural part of a healthy relationship. and furthermore their life choices that brought them to that decision would mean that we are most likely incompatible.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    My only bf was a virgin. I was 25, he was 23. He just hadn't met anyone he wanted to have sex with. I'd had a few drunken/high one-night stands... I wish my first time was special, but yeah.......... not so much. My first time with him was super fun, though!

I probably would again, depending on their reasoning. If it's religious, probably not. I respect that, but it's not me (anymore). I do know a guy pushing 50 who is a virgin if anyone closer to his age is interested :wink:
  • christine24t
    Options
    No. sex is a natural part of a healthy relationship. and furthermore their life choices that brought them to that decision would mean that we are most likely incompatible.

So are you scared the person has never been in a relationship that lead to sex/is your hesitation about her lack of relationships? Are you hesitant because you think she won't have sex for a long time? What makes you hesitant about her?

And for that matter going back to an earlier thought in a different thread...what if you met an awesome girl, you went out on three dates or four or five and you think she's super awesome and you tell your friends about her and then she said "by the way Laces I'm a virgin." Surely that wouldn't be a deal breaker where you dump her on the spot? Perhaps you would like her in spite of it. I like to assume the best from people.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Christine, here's my theory...I think people who are swingers, and have a lot of sex with different partners don't see it as an emotional connection thing most of the time...they've likely done it so much that it's just another deed. I know if I had had a lot of sex with tons of women, I probably would see it just as something to make me feel good. So, if the person doing it wasn't a professional at it, I'd probably want no part of them, lol. But that's not me...I'm just trying to put myself into other people's shoes and come up with reasons why people might see it that way.