When do you cut? If you are still gaining on re-set??

Options
sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
I am curious. I was planning on 6 weeks re-set and think I will go full 8 weeks or 12. Not in any hurry to rush my body anymore. But I am curious. How do you know the reset is done? When do you cut? If you are still gaining weight do you keep eating TDEE until you stop ???? When do you know? This confuses me....

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Here is a great post on the Eat More 2 Weigh Less website that answers a lot of those questions...

http://eatmore2weighless.com/metabolism-reset-how-much-longer/

Basically, if your TDEE is calculated correctly, eventually your weight will stabilize. Once it does, stay there for as long as you are comfortable, and *then* start your cut. Mentally, you will know when you are "ready". If you continue to gain and gain, there is a chance that you could be eating at over your TDEE, so double check those numbers.

It truly is a mental game, but it sounds like your mind is in the right place, in that you are not trying to rush the process. Congrats on being willing to give it more time!
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Here is a great post on the Eat More 2 Weigh Less website that answers a lot of those questions...

http://eatmore2weighless.com/metabolism-reset-how-much-longer/

Basically, if your TDEE is calculated correctly, eventually your weight will stabilize. Once it does, stay there for as long as you are comfortable, and *then* start your cut. Mentally, you will know when you are "ready". If you continue to gain and gain, there is a chance that you could be eating at over your TDEE, so double check those numbers.

It truly is a mental game, but it sounds like your mind is in the right place, in that you are not trying to rush the process. Congrats on being willing to give it more time!

THANKS A TON!!!!!!!!!