Advice please on how to kick the bad habits!

Options
Hi. I'm Heather and want to eat as cleanly as possible. I feel that its not rocket science and makes perfect sense but I just cant seem to stop going to my default junk food. I'm so fed up of waking up full of great intentions but failing miserably by lunch time. I REALLY want to treat my body better. Have you any tips. Should I just go 'cold turkey'? I want to feel positive and proud of myself, not just constantly disappointed! Any advice welcomed. Thank you.

Replies

• iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Heather and want to eat as cleanly as possible. I feel that its not rocket science and makes perfect sense but I just cant seem to stop going to my default junk food. I'm so fed up of waking up full of great intentions but failing miserably by lunch time. I REALLY want to treat my body better. Have you any tips. Should I just go 'cold turkey'? I want to feel positive and proud of myself, not just constantly disappointed! Any advice welcomed. Thank you.

This is something I struggle with, too, Heather. For me, it's a matter or not taking that first bite, because once I do, I am sunk. Sometimes I tell myself that I just have to resist for 10 minutes, then after that I can have it if I still want it. Usually after the 10 minutes, I am back in control. Wishing you all the best :)
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm glad its not just me! I'll try the ten minute rule! I'm just tired of constantly sabotaging myself!
  • SwissHausfrau
    SwissHausfrau Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    For me its all in the planning. I also just don't buy foods that I know I will grab if they are around. I don't have crisps in the house as they are my weakness.
    I also cook double every time I cook and so there is always a stash of home made food in the freezer.
    I also plan what I am going to eat for the day and enter it into my diary. I can see if its within my calorie allowance and I'm more likely to stick to it if I've written it in there. Maybe this is just me and it might not work for anyone else.....

Don't beat yourself up if you have a 'fail'. Just carry on - it was only one meal. If you are within your calorie goal then its not all bad is it ??

Can you take pre-prepared lunches work so you aren't tempted to stray from your plan ?
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For me its all in the planning. I also just don't buy foods that I know I will grab if they are around. I don't have crisps in the house as they are my weakness.
    I also cook double every time I cook and so there is always a stash of home made food in the freezer.
    I also plan what I am going to eat for the day and enter it into my diary. I can see if its within my calorie allowance and I'm more likely to stick to it if I've written it in there. Maybe this is just me and it might not work for anyone else.....

Don't beat yourself up if you have a 'fail'. Just carry on - it was only one meal. If you are within your calorie goal then its not all bad is it ??

Can you take pre-prepared lunches work so you aren't tempted to stray from your plan ?

This!

It's all about the planning. I prep my lunch and snacks every day and log everything I eat. I find it helps me with accountability too. Your body soon gets used to eating clean and then you don't crave junk. This has been my life for just over a year now and the results speak for themselves!!

Good luck
  • jkemen
    jkemen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Heather, I found that if I input my day's meals and calories in advance and work to stick to that, it really helps! For example, if I know I'm going out for dinner that night, I'll decide what I want to order ahead of time (look up menu online), enter it in and plan the rest of my day around that. Try it - it really helps!
  • Heather_J_May
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I really appreciate your help and will try all of your suggestions. I definitely need to be more organised! Cheers.
  • EPmomdoc
    EPmomdoc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good advice from all-
    Try no processed food for 3 days it helps the cravings
  • Heather_J_May
    Options
    Thanks!