2018 Trim Taut and Terrific Aussies

Options
Was thinking that maybe we could start off a new thread for this year - maybe do a monthly challenge or buddy up with someone... Something to get us eating well and moving.
Anyone interested?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, after getting back on the train after falling, rolling down a hill, landing in a cactus patch and regaining 25kg, I could use all the engagement I could get.
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday. In the past I've found the first 3 days to be the hardest, and weekends are difficult without work routine but I'm determined to get through one day at a time.
    Did a walk and a quick weights workout this morning and feeling good! I needed to update my Apple Watch, so don't have it on today but between walking to the train station/work every day, walking the dog and I'll go for a walk at lunch time I will easily get my 10,000 steps in.

<3
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I've been back on track since Monday and feeling pretty good about it, but weekends are my killer. In the past, I've weighed on Friday so that I have the week to repair the damage, but the damage keeps getting more extensive, so I need to reign it in a bit. We shall see how I go - week days are SO much easier.
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options
    Saturday - yay!!

Thought I would put a copy of my plan here that I posted on my wall. Have to go to a meeting now but will be back later to check in on everyone. Tansy and Wilbernel new members welcome!

In no particular order:

1. Follow a ketogenic diet. I've stuffed up my metabolism so badly over the years that I need to keep my carbs under 50g but I'll be aiming for around 20-30g a day. I'm not going to open my diary but I'll be keeping track. Will use recipes from www.dietdoctor.com which is a great site if anyone is interested.

2. Walk 10,000 steps a day.

3. Weights 3 times a week. Probably start will 3 full body workouts and just get back into the routine of doing it before I do anything too strenous.

4. Instagram everything so you can all keep me honest. @SkimFlatWhiteNoSugar

5. Drink more water.

6. Log onto MFP every day and connect with you awesome peeps so I don't forget what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

I've discovered I can't do this by myself and it makes me happy to help people so feel free to message me or stay in touch here every day!

I need to lose 25-30kg and it's my 50th birthday in July. I'm obese now. I'd at the very least like to be at in my NORMAL bodyweight range by then.
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options
    Weighed myself this morning. 88.8kg so I'm down 3 kilos this week which I am very happy about. That should give you an idea of how badly I was eating last week! I'm currently a size 16-18 depending what brand of clothing I'm wearing.

Of course, that's just depleted glycogen stores, it's not all fat but hopefully some of it might be and every week it will add up and weight go down, I'll get to my goal this year sometime.

First goal is to get to overweight status - that's 70kg - 82kg for my height.
    Second goal is to get to normal weight - that's 69kg or under - size 12

My goal weight is 64kg - in the past I've been about a size 10 at this weight.
    Ultimate goal weight is 60kg but I'm not sure that's realistic so I'll think about that as I get closer to 64kg.
  • wilbernel
    wilbernel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Never used this area of mfp before so hopefully I’ll be able to keep up.
    Yes I’m in, read the dr Keto site yesterday inspired. Will start to change. Doing a course all weekend so I’ll jeep in touch.
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options
    @wilbernel - enjoy your course!
  • Alatariel75
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I officially weighed in at 104.5 yesterday, which I'm not happy about but it is somewhere to start from.
    Not doing any particular way of eating, just 1200 a day on week days and 2000 a day on weekends. Lots of veg, lean meat and whole grains, staying away from treats at the moment, because I'm not in the mindframe for moderating.

Got up and took the dog for a 2.5 hour walk, covered about 8kms along the river. It was lovely, I even enjoyed getting rained on.
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options
    @Alatariel75 it's good that you weighed in. Now you have a starting point!! Kiss that weight goodbye you never have to see that number again. As long as you have a plan that you are happy with and will stick to, that's all you have to do. I have always found that kicking off into something that is against the grain means I already have the idea in my head that I'm going to bust. So if it's good for you, that's all that matters.

It's sensible to have a separate goal for the weekend too. I do that as well, aim to be stricter during the week but with a bit of leeway on the weekend. Today I had a flatwhite but if I drink coffee during the week it's got to be black or a bulletproof coffee (if making it at home).

I've done about 12,000 steps today. Stuck to my food plan. Pleased with the weekend but I'll be happy to get back to work tomorrow and get into my routine. Right at the moment I'm finding the weekends more difficult with food - but I got through!

See you all tomorrow!
  • wilbernel
    Options
    @Alatariel75 it's good that you weighed in. Now you have a starting point!! Kiss that weight goodbye you never have to see that number again. As long as you have a plan that you are happy with and will stick to, that's all you have to do. I have always found that kicking off into something that is against the grain means I already have the idea in my head that I'm going to bust. So if it's good for you, that's all that matters.

It's sensible to have a separate goal for the weekend too. I do that as well, aim to be stricter during the week but with a bit of leeway on the weekend. Today I had a flatwhite but if I drink coffee during the week it's got to be black or a bulletproof coffee (if making it at home).

I've done about 12,000 steps today. Stuck to my food plan. Pleased with the weekend but I'll be happy to get back to work tomorrow and get into my routine. Right at the moment I'm finding the weekends more difficult with food - but I got through!

See you all tomorrow!

• wilbernel
    Options
    Hi girls, I’m still working myself out. School holidays with kids at home is harder. Having some medical tests at moment but keen to read-focus. Get moving again and drop calories to 1200 again. I’m going to do the trial 2 week keto diet when I can get enough head space (kids) to start it.
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options
    I had really good intentions in my 2 weeks off at Christmas time, but the lack of routine always messes with me and I put on weight...
    Just make some sort of plan that you are happy with and stick to it one day at a time :)
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I'm signed up for Febfast and have decided that I'm going to do the Whole 30 over that period (starting on 30 January). I've been meaning to do it because my psoriasis is bad, and my skin is yuck, and I have had all sorts of food intolerances in my life and really don't know what is and isn't currently affecting me. I'm a bit nervous about it to be honest, but I think by lumping it in as part of Febfast (and drumming up support and sponsorship) I'll be more likely to stay on track.
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options
    Good plan. There's another Aussie MFP doing the whole 30, she's done it a few times. Her user name is mmk137 (Matilda). Great idea to get people behind you as well as us!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Oh cool, thanks! I shall look her up :)
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I’m in guys. I have basically been marching on the spot for the past 12 months, losing the same 2 kg over and over. I am having some medical issues at the moment and am on an elimination diet, but my plan is to eat between 1450 & 1550 cals a day, and not eat back my exercise calories. I’m going to dig out the training plan I had developed - many stair climb training along with stretches and body weight exercises to support it. I will reenter the race next year - 54 flights or 1104 stairs straight up
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Today I exercised - gently but at least I did exercise, and I ate within my target calories. Day 1 ✔️
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options
    Welcome Helen! I remember when you did that stair challenge the last time, sounds like a great idea if you are up to it.

I've had a good week so far. Been REALLY busy at work but that's good, I like to be busy. Will have another busy day tomorrow and then I have Friday off to take my daughter to a couple of appointments. I'll get a gym workout in as well.

My plan seems to be going well so far, have stuck to my food plan and been walking every day, all going well. I'm pretty happy about it - still a long way to go but the biggest battle is in my head.

See you all tomorrow!
  • BulletProofSkim
    Options
    Having a super day!! Busy at work, have a meeting to go to tonight so wont be home until late. Drinking peppermint tea - the world is a great place to be!!
    Hope everyone is having a good day :D
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    I am also drinking peppermint tea :) I pretty much drink it all day, because it's what work has lol.

My vertigo is kicking my *kitten* this week, so I'm feeling like I'm putting in a less than stellar performance.