Keto Sides

Options
What kind of sides if any do you find that you like to incorporate in your meals , besides veggies that still keep you in Keto range?

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Bacon

Eggs with runny yolks

Another meat (having steak? Side of chicken!)

tumblr_lm7q22PYpu1qey5y8.jpg
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like salads, so any kind of meat (or two) on a bed of spinach with some bleu cheese dressing is totally a meal to me!

I also love avocados as a side, cottage cheese (sometimes both together).
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I need some new ideas for sides! My go-to sides are caesar salad (sans croutons), cauliflower (loaded, mashed, roasted), salad greens, grilled green beans (shhh, I know - legume), broccoli w/cheese. I look forward to hearing ideas for some new sides, too!
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Avocado, "pasta" salad with chopped raw veg instead of pasta (Ina Garten's tomato pasta salad), feta bleu cheese salad, cauliflower mac and cheese, kimchi, eggs with another meat as a side, zoodles or casserole that doesn't need a side, kale chips"homemade", guacamole, spiced nuts"homemade". That's all I can be think of that's not regular vegetables lol! A tip is to prepare the vegetables like something else, I do seafood boil with cauliflower and mushrooms. Or think of a side u like and make a keto version. Egg salad could be a side instead of potato salad
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sometimes make dishes like butter chicken or beanless chili or soup that goes in a bowl and doesn't need a side. Nachos without chips in a bowl. Chicken pot pie with fathead crust. I think that dough works to make gnocchi too
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    @cgcrutch please, pretty please, come and cook for me!