pickled herring

Options
62apples
62apples Posts: 132 Member
too many people offer their best guess. I tried to find the difference between out of the jar pickled herring and rinsed pickled herring. Yes, the brine has sugar, but if a person is not eating the brine or the onions, what would the true carb be?? the internet is full of the "I don't really know guessers" and nobody that could answer the question.

Nobody differentiates between the fish carbs and the onions carbs in the jar. all I can find is that the contents are 2.7 carbs per ounce. Most of the sugar would stay in the brine...sure some would soak into the fish, but nobody knows how much.

does anybody know?...and not your best guess or logical conclusion.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    This is the type that naturally ferments, right? There are calculations that show the fermenting process in yogurt, so I imagine that there will be calculations out there to show the natural fermentation rates in something like a brined pickled herring. Perhaps you can google that direction?

Because if no one has actually tested it yet, because no one cared, there may not be answers out there YET. If you can't find ANY confirmed links out there, I'd put your question on as many sites as possible. Surely someone will research it if it is searched upon enough...