Carb vs Calories

Options
For those of you going the low-carb route, do you count both net carbs and calories? only net-carbs?

Would you share your experience with it?

Personally going thru some sort of “survival mode thing” (surgery and divorce will apparently do that to ya..so stay away from that!) so my body is having a hard dropping weight.. so looking for insight on what people have been doing.

Much appreciated!

Replies

• lauraservin18
    lauraservin18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One week in..found my Aquiles..

ThinkThin bars use malitol (low grade sugar alcohol) and I wasn’t reaching Keto. I switched to Quest bars (which uses different type sugar alcohol) and boom! 4 lbs!!.

It’s been kind of fun re-discovering what the body reacts to..
  • lauraservin18
    Options
    Well Gang..this is my last week with the 9 am hard core xfit team, but can’t tell you how much seeing you consistently has motivated me to keep going. Won’t even attempt to brag over a few lost lbs, but I will tell you I found a good balance in Keto and will stick to it for a few more weeks before I settle down on a maintenance plan.

I’ve been trying different things to try to trick my body and mind into thinking that I’m consuming more soluble carbs than I am. If you are going the Low Carb+High Fat route, you might enjoy this recipe.

Laura’s Acai Keto Pancakes (yeah..that’s right, I want to be remembered as “the pancake lady” vs. “the lady whose time in xfit sucked”
  • lauraservin18
    Options
    2 Tbls Tapioca Flour
    2 Tbls Acai Powder (central market..protein section)
    3 Tbls Psyllium Husk (central market..colon health section)
    8 Stevia Packets

2 Eggs
    1/4 Cup Fat Free Mill

1 Slice of Mozzarella (grated or chunked)

1 Tbls Avocado Oil

Mix Egg and Milk.
    Mix dry ingredients first and then add to egg/milk.
    Add/mix cheese last.
    Cook over Medium-High. Flip once the bottom is solid.

Approx 350 calories and 7.5 net carbs. Tastes like a blueberry pancake and makes you feel super full (love that fiber you can’t even tell is there). If you have Keto recipes you swear by, I will gladly steal!