The Sick Thread...

Options
arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
I been out of work for a few days, and now, again once this week. First, a cold, and now the flu. It's rare I miss work. Dad and Kayla did this, I know it.

Share your woes and sniffles here...

(I am watching 24 episodes on Amazon Prime while sipping green tea in bed)

Replies

• rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Feel better Joe! I have been away from this board for a while and recovering from a flu but used it to get into OMAD. Today is day 3
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    rs2332 wrote: »
    Feel better Joe! I have been away from this board for a while and recovering from a flu but used it to get into OMAD. Today is day 3

way to go! welcome back
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Get better!

My go-to remedy when sick is elderberry juice/syrup. I pick it wild in the mountains here and make my own. You can buy it at health food stores also. It's called "Sambucol". It is supposed to be as effective against some flu strains as Tamiflu and is also very good for lung infections. There have been real scientific studies to back it up.

I was sick also but I drank a bunch of this and it is gone in two days! Could be coincidence but I'm a believer. I have been using it for several years now.

http://www.pharmacytimes.com/contributor/cate-sibley-pharmd/2017/10/elderberries-a-potent-cold-and-flu-remedy

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Scared! Getting on a plane to the USA first thing tomorrow morning and I will be hanging with a bunch of Americans with foreign germs! These conferences are the only times I ever get sick and I take as many precautions as possible...
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Ironically I logged on today to update everyone....I've been out for quite a while because I've been extremely ill...a series of 4 different viruses and infections had me out of work ALONE for over 2 weeks. I haven't been paying much attention to OMAD but for obvious reasons I haven't gained any weight LOL - I'll try to catch up as much as I can ASAP crew...hope everyone is awesome!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I swear I can feel my nose starting to run and I've only been on foreign ground for a few hours... Psychosomatic much??!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is feeling better soon o:)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    I am now officially sick :( luckily my Universal tickets were transferred to another weekend.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This is one sick thread.

ok I'll show myself out now.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    I feel all your pain guys.. It was basically 6 weeks of fighting off bugs and 2.5 weeks of being deathly in bed sick... It does pass if we actually rest (not easy for any of us) and follow Dr's orders