• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You might be interested in this article by Dr. Attia

https://peterattiamd.com/ketones-carbohydrates-can-co-exist/
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    That article was fascinating, thank you for sharing!
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    briteyes wrote: »

Also, in the past two days, my carb counts are doing so much better!!! I actually only hit 16.5 net carbs yesterday. I almost blew it with a packet of lite Balsamic Vinaigrette from Chic Fil A. Then I read the label and exchanged it for Avocado Ranch. Much less carbs!

You can also ask Chik Fil A to not add the corn to their Cobb salad, its not much but it does add more carbs. Their grilled chicken options are pretty good I tend to load up on them even though they are pricey. I don't add the fried pepper topping on their salad since it adds carbs as well. I think you can substitute that for mixed nuts.

You are pretty active so I would think you can make slight adjustments to your carb/fiber intake and it should help out. I know that artificial sweeteners, too many nuts, and low carb tortillas will stall my weight loss so I need to re-evaluate those items from time to time because I like my tortillas I just can't have them other than a treat.

Good luck :smile:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Good article. Is an answer/example/actual demonstration to many questions that are often asked in the forum.