1/24 Check-In

Options
How was your nutrition today? How much water did you drink? Anyone starting to get worried about sticking to their healthy habits once the weekend hits??

For me today...
Nutrition: 10!
Water: 81.8oz

I’m proud of myself for making it past the hump of the work week and sticking to my better habits. I look forward to taking my first Friday morning progress photo after a good week :smile: I’m hoping it keeps me motivated over the weekend when the family factor is in full swing.

Replies

• joiahstewart
    joiahstewart Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My water intake yesterday was lacking, today I must step it up. I am going for a gallon by nightfall. I feel like my habits are becoming more like muscle memory or natural. I wish to continue seeking wellness and additional ways to enhance my weight loss journey. I hope to make it past the 30 day threshold, habits are more likely to stick once that time has been exceeded. Just in my opinion, what do you think?
  • schmilar
    schmilar Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow Amanda great work!!!
    Joiah - I've heard that it takes 3 weeks to really get used to the diets and whatnot... that's what I'm banking on at least lol
  • mombiejohnston
    mombiejohnston Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Joiah I have heard before that it takes 22 days to build a new habit. I’ve also heard something surrounding those first 10lbs, about how hard you work to lose at first that once you lose 10lbs it does something mentally to solidify your lifestyle changes? I don’t remember exactly and I’m not sure but I think your 30-day threshold thought makes a lot of sense too, I’m looking forward to reaching that for myself as well :) I don’t know about a gallon of water a day though haha!
  • joiahstewart
    joiahstewart Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @scookie0403 and @amandacmariej you all are right! I think around the 3 week mark is when you have made something a habit. It is so easy for me to log my food now. I log everything to stay accountable, the good the bad and the ugly. I am starting to see results and I just cant wait to see what will happen once my workouts start. So excited!
  • mombiejohnston
    mombiejohnston Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    High five @joiahstewart ! We are on the exact same page right now, logging the bad and the ugly are so hard to do! But I’m logging everything too and it is so satisfying to see even small results. Keep up the good work you are doing awesome. I look forward to logging work outs as well and seeing what February holds!