Discoveries

padre7762
padre7762 Posts: 1 Member
Hey, fellow challengers! Thank you for accepting Troy’s challenge, and thank you, Troy for the positive influence in doing something really beneficial towards our physical wellness. This has been a fantastic couple of weeks observing how accurate my self perception of food consumption has been. There have been some encouraging affirmations of what I anticipated to observe, along with some surprising points of feedback on what I can do better or differently. For example, I thought I was getting more calcium each day than I really was, so I upped my daily calcium intake. Another thing I discovered is that I get most of my protein at breakfast, but needed to increase that at lunch and dinner in order to meet my daily protein goal. That probably explains why I was so frequently feeling hungry from 3pm-bedtime. Along with these, there have been other encouraging affirmations of some things that have been going well. Knowing that I have to log and keep under my calorie goal makes me consider / reconsider my meal and snack choices. The only thing I really didn’t like discovering is how much a serving of hummus really is. ...2Tbs - that’s all??? But HUMMUS!!!! Good job everyone! Keep going, it gets easier after we get most of our regular foods loaded; I believe you’re gonna do great. Thanks again, Troy for getting us motivated to join the challenge!